Shipping bags within US

luvhermes

O.G.
May 18, 2006
Please share your recent bag shipping experience within US. My SA was still able to ship bag to me two weeks ago but today the corporate didn't approve for shipping the bag to me. I am wondering if anyone here have encountered the same situation as me.
It seems like the policy keeps changing and is very hard for the clients to keep adjusting the new rule.

I believe this policy is entirely store dependent so I’m not sure how helpful vague info here will be. For example, during one specific week in July some US stores hadn’t changed their policy from the typical shipping allowance of “most items except leather goods”, some stores were shipping everything, literally everything other than perfume, and some stores were shipping literally nothing, not even a Twilly for decades long customers. Stores seem to be changing their particular rules daily based on local lockdown status, inventory levels, already meeting sales goals, recent experiences with shipping issues, and of course, the particular client.

Reactions: Meta and TankerToad
Never was able to have a bag shipped to me without first physically going to the boutique to pay for it and then shipping it home until the pandemic. Sooo recently (not sure if 4-5 months is recent? probably not but anyway) I have been fortunate to have a B and a K shipped to me without leaving my home. Not sure if that will happen in 2021 though. Highly doubt it. :flowers:

Reactions: TankerToad
I wonder why they would ship the first bag and not the latest one? Maybe it’s too close with one another? I had a bag shipped to me last month, and then today got approved for another one. Although the first one wasn’t a quota bag (but still above their 5k shipping limit), and this latest one is. Are your bags both quota bags?

I wonder why they would ship the first bag and not the latest one? Maybe it’s too close with one another? I had a bag shipped to me last month, and then today got approved for another one. Although the first one wasn’t a quota bag (but still above their 5k shipping limit), and this latest one is. Are your bags both quota bags?
My last bag that shipped to me was not a quota bag but it's above the shipping limit. The recent bag that they couldn't ship to me was not a quota bag and was also over the shipping limit. I am glad you got approved from the store to ship you the quota bag as my SA told me only very very few VIP customers got approved for shipping the bag in their store.

• Sad
Reactions: Ethengdurst
Since the beginning of the pandemic, my local H boutique has been shipping all manner of items to me, big and small dollar items, with complimentary 2 day shipping via FedEx. It def depends on the boutique and the rules set by them!

Reactions: Nerja
Since the beginning of the pandemic, my local H boutique has been shipping all manner of items to me, big and small dollar items, with complimentary 2 day shipping via FedEx. It def depends on the boutique and the rules set by them!
My home store never offer complimentary shipping despite the amount I buy! And only ship to me after I go to the store and pay it in person.

Hi my most knowledgeable friends!

I'm dying to get a somewhat specific bolide, but live a hearty 6+ hour flight from my preferred store. I know H generally does not ship leather goods over a certain value, but does anyone have insights/tips on how they might make an exception? (Outside of Covid lockdowns).

I have a good relationship with the store (have been buying regularly throughout covid) and the first time I purchased my SA let me know they generally dont ship over 5K, but I also feel H can/will make exceptions over time.

Is this a fools errand to hope for this :smile: ?

Not a fool’s errand.

I would simply ask politely with an explanation of your circumstances. The worst they can say is no.

Another thought — do you have a good relationship with your SM? If so, I would just go straight to him/her +/- cc’ing your SA (assuming via email). If not, then I’d stick with only asking SA.

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and bb721
Not a fool’s errand.

I would simply ask politely with an explanation of your circumstances. The worst they can say is no.

Another thought — do you have a good relationship with your SM? If so, I would just go straight to him/her +/- cc’ing your SA (assuming via email). If not, then I’d stick with only asking SA.

Good luck!
Thanks Spicy Tuna (also I love spicy tuna...hahah!) I don't know the SM yet as I've only visited in person twice but my SA and I have a great relationship :smile: she is awesome and my favorite SA I've ever had from any luxury brand! I will wait for a good opportunity to ask for it to come up. I've continually purchased remotely from them without issue (at least maybe 6+ shipments at this point) so hoping the consistency will work in my favor :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: 880
Hi my most knowledgeable friends!

I'm dying to get a somewhat specific bolide, but live a hearty 6+ hour flight from my preferred store. I know H generally does not ship leather goods over a certain value, but does anyone have insights/tips on how they might make an exception? (Outside of Covid lockdowns).

I have a good relationship with the store (have been buying regularly throughout covid) and the first time I purchased my SA let me know they generally dont ship over 5K, but I also feel H can/will make exceptions over time.

Is this a fools errand to hope for this :smile: ?

when I first met my SA she stated no bags could be shipped. However I recently had a bag shipped to me. Exceptions are often made especially if you live so far away. Just ask gently