Shipping and handling $500

miu2

Chewy Redlands CA Police K-9
O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
I have been looking around ebay to see what the new kinect bundle system is going for and found several listings with items listed at .99 with no reserve, however the shipping is $450 - $500. I am considering using this method in order to lower the ebay and PP fees. Has anyone ever heard of this and whether or not there is some backlash to this method?

It's against eBay rules because it circumvents fees. You will get in trouble with eBay if you're caught.
Aaahh, I wondered about that. Crazy thing is that there have been several completed listings with this method. Should have known that ebay/pp would get their $$ one way or another.

Please report those sellers to Ebay immediately. There is a report this item button on the listing on the right side of the page under the seller's info. You should report every one of these that you see. There is a selection once you initiate this process that states "attempt to circumnavigate Ebay fees" or something very similar. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I won't be buying from them.

If something is wrong with the item and you file a claim, you will only be able to get back the listing price.. not shipping (as far as I recall). I don't know that you'd have any recourse.. kwim?

ETA: I thought you were the buyer in the situation. Yeah, as a seller you'd be breaking the rules. It's not allowed even though some people may get away with it. You could be reported. Why not just sell on bonanzle where the fees are lower?

If something is wrong with the item and you file a claim, you will only be able to get back the listing price.. not shipping (as far as I recall). I don't know that you'd have any recourse.. kwim?

ETA: I thought you were the buyer in the situation. Yeah, as a seller you'd be breaking the rules. It's not allowed even though some people may get away with it. You could be reported. Why not just sell on bonanzle where the fees are lower?

Wow, LR, GREAT POINT! I never thought of that. I know that it's wrong to circumvent Ebay fees, but to me I didn't see what the difference was as a Buyer since in the end you are still paying the same amount. It never occurred to me that you could be screwing yourself out of the shipping fees should you file a claim.

Actually when you file a SNAD/ or INR, ebay refunds you the purchase price including the shipping charge. Still this is not allowed on ebay and annoys me a lot. If you're not willing to pay fees, don't use it, very simple.

I hate when I see this on ebay. I have reported numerous listings like this and never see them removed. These types of sellers need to just pay the fees like the rest of us!

Looks like I will be reporting them. You all have brought up great points and I certainly don't want to ruin my reputation on ebay.