Shipping accuracy

atarzzz

O.G.
Dec 17, 2009
I'm not enterily sure that this is the correct place to post this but i was wondering how accurate shipping predictions are.

For example with Fedex if they say 4-5 days will it usually take longer or is it usually on time according to your past experiences.

Btw the reason i am asking is because i didnt want to pay duties and taxes if it got shipped to canada and im going to be in Maryland for the easter long weekend, so the predictions must be exactly accurate so i can get my purse so this is really important.

Thank you in advance lovely TPFers.

I'm not super familiar with FedEx's timeframes..would think it would fall within a range that they say.
I usually ship with USPS Priority and can count on the fact that the item will get to where its going in 2 days for the most part...rarely 3.
First Class is hit or miss...never do this one.

I ship with FedEx all the time for my bags and when they say 4-5 days it is normally right on time. They send you a tracking number and I have had shoes delivered to a hotel for a buyer from France, smack on time.

USPS Priority can take longer than the 2-3 days, not often but can happen. Express mail is right on time, more expensive.

I shipped a package USPS Priority last Saturday and my buyer still has not received it. Depending on your location, I was told today that Priority mail can take 3-5 days. I would use fedex. They are usually on time!

I work with UPS and they are usually on time if not earlier. Only problem is when no one's home to sign for the package. You should note tho that I believe the guarantee is only on DATE and they have once arrived at 10pm (!!) to deliver a package. If you're not home to sign for it (after having waited the whole afternoon for it), a reschedule could mean an extra 24hrs to your wait time.

I shipped a package USPS Priority last Saturday and my buyer still has not received it. Depending on your location, I was told today that Priority mail can take 3-5 days. I would use fedex. They are usually on time!

Really? I've never had an issue with Priority to date(always 2-3 days)..but I guess it can happen!:smile:

Really? I've never had an issue with Priority to date(always 2-3 days)..but I guess it can happen!:smile:

I had sold a doll for $450 and shipped it Priority 250 miles up the coast from me. It took 21 days to arrive and the buyer was going nuts. I told her if it didn't arrive the next day, I would refund. It arrived that afternoon, thank goodness.

On the other hand I have shipped Priority to the east coast and had it arrive the next day. Amazing!!