Shipped out a handbag-- its sitting at their post office days later!

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
So this is the first time this has happened (although, its happened to me as a buyer!)
The tracking says they attempted delivery on the 17th but now its at their post office-- for under 2 weeks longer or else they'll send it back to me!
I sent them an email with a link to the tracking info in case they weren't tracking it and told them to please see their post office or to request a time on the tracking page to redeliver.

I didn't really know what else to say-- I don't want this bag to come back to me. I'd even call the post office myself for them, maybe I should have said that! I just want to be able to put the money onto bills already like I wanted but now I have to hold it until the transaction is all set.

Do you think I did the right thing? Has anyone had a package returned to them because it was sitting at their buyer's post office? I do NOT want to have to pay again to ship it! I am also paranoid they are leaving it at the post office so that it gets sent back to me and they get out of having to keep it or something...

This happened to me once when the buyer moved and post office could not deliver the package to an empty house. End up the package returned to me. After the buyer updated her PayPal confirmed address, I resent the package to the new address to complete that transaction.

They paid for the shipping the second time right? I haven't heard back from them yet, will have to figure it out by Monday if I don't hear back...

I had a lady leave a $200 item sitting at the post office for 11 days once cause she just wasnt in the mood to go get it, finally I emailed her and said that USPS policy was that it be returned after 15 days so she finally went and got it. So just let your buyer know this if they dont pick it up before too long, that might light a fire under them.

I was on the buyer's end of this once. I bought a bag from a seller whose feedback was good, but indicated she was unresponsive. She never sent the tracking number. I waited and waited, and emailed her several times. She never replied until I opened a PayPal dispute, and then she sent me the tracking info. It turned out the bag was sitting at the Post Office and I never got an attempted delivery notice.

I found out what happened-- I use PayPal to set up my items for shipping and print my labels from there. Apparently I got the weight wrong on the box (because I am sure I got the measurements right!) and it needed an additional $2.50 to be shipped, so the buyer had to go to the post office herself and pay that! I feel terrible! I am going to refund her the $2.50-- I mean I know its just a little and she said no big deal but I don't know what else to do! What a hassle for them to have to go to the post office and deal with that!
I never knew what would happen if you calculated your postage wrong from shipping weight (or measurements) and apparently this is what happens!

Right, I think that sounds good! Just sent her a $5 refund. I didn't know what to say so I just said thank you and sorry she went through the trouble!