Shipment delay

Catash

May 3, 2014
A Bal City that I purchased was shipped last Wednesday. The status remains "Departed USPS Facility (seller's city)" for almost a week. When should I contact the seller? Has anybody experienced a delay in priority mail recently?

A Bal City that I purchased was shipped last Wednesday. The status remains "Departed USPS Facility (seller's city)" for almost a week. When should I contact the seller? Has anybody experienced a delay in priority mail recently?

Monday was a holiday maybe you'll get your package today.

I sold something a few weeks ago and the tracking never updated beyond acceptance.

I wouldn't worry yet - USPS has been horrible at updating tracking status lately. If it doesn't arrive today, you could always contact USPS with the tracking information - they'll be able to tell you more than the seller will.

I wouldn't worry yet - USPS has been horrible at updating tracking status lately. If it doesn't arrive today, you could always contact USPS with the tracking information - they'll be able to tell you more than the seller will.

Monday was a holiday maybe you'll get your package today.

I sold something a few weeks ago and the tracking never updated beyond acceptance.

Thanks! Good to know. I will wait until next week!

I've had several international items that will show "Left Sort Facility in Jamaica, NY" for a day or two and then will arrive at my house the next morning without ever being scanned again! ;)

I also had this happen with a pair of Coach boots. It's been almost three weeks, it's absurd. I contacted the seller and they gave the explanation here -- USPS holiday plus lag. They were very apologetic and said I'd receive tomorrow so... here's hoping! :smile:

I still haven't received my bag yet. I called the USPS customer service three times. They were nice but not very helpful. I had to call seller's USPS facility to locate the package myself. The tracking showed it departed that facility but didn't indicate it was received by my facility. I will go to my post office tomorrow to check. Will the insurance attract too much attention? I live in a neighborhood that used to be kind of bad but has improved a lot in recent years. I have to say people here are not the most classy. I am worried that my post office staff stole it.

Last edited:
The post office finally called me back to tell me the item is still in transit and hasn't made its way from California to my state yet. She did mention experiencing a significant delay lately about items from California. I think I will wait for another week. If I still haven't received the item, I will request a refund. :wondering

I noticed a huge delay in transit for two items I ordered from the west coast this past week. Must be something going on with the usps.

How long have you been waiting? Mine hasn't arrived after two weeks. I started to lose patience, but I still want to give the seller a chance. I will wait until next week. :shrugs:

How long have you been waiting? Mine hasn't arrived after two weeks. I started to lose patience, but I still want to give the seller a chance. I will wait until next week. :shrugs:

Do you know how the item was shipped? I had a package sent from California to me USPS Priority Mail last week (shipped Thursday) and the package arrived as predicted on Saturday but tracking did not update at all until it entered a distribution center in my state on Saturday morning (I want to say the Capital Heights, MD Distribution Center was the first time it was scanned) so according to USPS the carrier had not picked up the item until tracking updated.

Do you know how the item was shipped? I had a package sent from California to me USPS Priority Mail last week (shipped Thursday) and the package arrived as predicted on Saturday but tracking did not update at all until it entered a distribution center in my state on Saturday morning (I want to say the Capital Heights, MD Distribution Center was the first time it was scanned).

The item was shipped from San Diego. I think some of my incoming mail went through Capital Heights but not all of them. The package hasn't been scanned at Capital Heights yet. If the package was stolen, it either happened in San Diego or Capital Heights (or my town). Capital Heights seems more likely. You know, PG County....:hrmm:

The item was shipped from San Diego. I think some of my incoming mail went through Capital Heights but not all of them. The package hasn't been scanned at Capital Heights yet. If the package was stolen, it either happened in San Diego or Capital Heights (or my town). Capital Heights seems more likely. You know, PG County....:hrmm:
If your package went through Bell Gardens, beware!
http://www.yelp.com/biz/united-states-post-office-bell-gardens

If your package went through Bell Gardens, beware!
http://www.yelp.com/biz/united-states-post-office-bell-gardens

This is so horrible. How can a government-run facility have so many employees with low morality?

I don't know if my package went through Bell Gardens or not. It was last scanned in San Diego.

I found old news from 2012 about catching a USPS employee from Long Island stealing $40,000 worth of packages. The police placed a tracking device in one package and found the package in his car.