Ship to Russia!? Anyone?

Kimchas

Jun 7, 2012
Hello.I currently have a Russian buyer bought a 30 dollar makeup palette from me. It is my first time to ship to Russia and I heard of their notorious postal service. Does anyone ship to Russia before? How long would the package arrive?(if it do arrive)

I have shipped to Russia from the US before. I ONLY ship using USPS Express, which provides tracking from start to finish. I will not ship any other way. It will take 7-10 days from what I've seen to arrive. But it may take longer for them to receive it after that due to their delivery system.

I already send the buyer an email explain she may get her package over a month...but I don't think I will ship via express because it is 30 dollar thingy. I may add insurance on the package. Thank you all for your experience!

I ship to Russia quite frequently. I shouldn't say anything cuz it always seems to come back and bite me in the arse but...here goes...

I haven't had many problems.

*holds breath*

I, too, sell cosmetics.

*trots off to find some wood to knock on*

ETA:

It's after the holidays so things are started to post much quicker as of late.

I have only shipped to Russia a couple of times and both times it was inexpensive, so I shipped with Registered Mail. Ten dollars over the postage, but it is signed by every single person who handles it and no problems.
But only with inexpensive items, for anything over $50, I would only ship Express Mail.

I've sent twice to Russia. First item was sent with Registered Mail (no value declared), I was able to track it on their postal service site. It took 2 weeks. Second time I sent the item with insured EMS (value declared), it was delivered after almost a MONTH. It left Italy and after that it has been somehow in a limbo for 12 days before showing up at their Customs. Again I was able to track it on their postal service site. As the other ladies suggested, I would only send it Express and insured.

Hello.I currently have a Russian buyer bought a 30 dollar makeup palette from me. It is my first time to ship to Russia and I heard of their notorious postal service. Does anyone ship to Russia before? How long would the package arrive?(if it do arrive)
I sold a $5 silicone sports watch to a Russian buyer. I told him it would take 4-6 weeks according to Canada Post. On exactly the 4 week point he opened a case on PayPal and eBay and demanded his money back. Everyday we stalled and kissed his *** so as not to get our first negative review. Finally one week later the watch arrived. He closed all the cases and left positive feedback but it was nerve wracking!!