Shiny Shiny Hair

After you wash and rinse your hair, put about a quarter cup of vinegar into a big quart measuring cup and pour it over and work it into your hair.

There is no product that will make it any shinier than plain cider vinegar!

After you wash and rinse your hair, put about a quarter cup of vinegar into a big quart measuring cup and pour it over and work it into your hair.

There is no product that will make it any shinier than plain cider vinegar!

This does work. I found out accidentally when my dog decided rolling in cow manure would be fun and the only thing that would get the smell out was a vinegar rinse. His coat was super shiny afterwards.

Rinse your hair with vinegar (apple cider or white).

Rinse thoroughly with as cold water as you can stand!

Super shiny hair!!

The vinegar removes product buildup and the cold water seals and smooths the cuticle.

No, for some reason, the vinegar smell does not "stick" onto your hair, and if you use any kind of styling product, curl cream, spray, etc, your hair is going to smell like that product, just like it always does!

Oh, and you do NOT have to dilute it, I put it like that because of people with weaves, or who scratch their heads when they shampoo, but you can put straight vinegar on your hair without worrying that you will hurt anything, except that if you do have a scratch on your scalp, it will sting.

Oh, and you do NOT have to dilute it, I put it like that because of people with weaves, or who scratch their heads when they shampoo, but you can put straight vinegar on your hair without worrying that you will hurt anything, except that if you do have a scratch on your scalp, it will sting.

hi can I ask do you put in the vanegar as the last step AFTER you washed your hair or before? thanks

Matrix Smoothing shampoo & conditioner are pretty good and smell good (they come in orange bottles). Also I adore this cheap stuff, Thermasilk anti-frizz lotion that I put in right before I blow-dry my hair. Also I am loving Frederic Fekkai's sun protectant spray, it's like sunscreen spray for your hair! It also protects hair colour and moisturizes. My only objection is the smell, it's kind of strange.

Rinse your hair with vinegar (apple cider or white).

Rinse thoroughly with as cold water as you can stand!

Super shiny hair!!

The vinegar removes product buildup and the cold water seals and smooths the cuticle.

Totally correct, as is mooks who said the cuticle must be flattened for light to reflect.

Covering your hair in silicone products will only temporarily make it shine.

What you want to do is smooth the hair shaft, which is best achieved through rinsing in COLD water and not putting too much heat on your hair.

Also this goes without saying, a healthy diet and plenty of water to drink produces shiny hair.

hi i recommend kerastase oleo relax if u happen to have straight hair :smile:. my favourite is the leave in serum:heart:. it's especially good if u need to blow dry. my hair remains soft, shiny and does not tangle. smells great too!