Shiny Purple or Goatskin Purple Antigona?

bluedahlia

O.G.
Dec 11, 2005
It's been only a week since I received a black medium calf Antigona, but already I am completely obsessing over a purple one.
I saw the Fall 14' Purple color today in Barney's in the Pandora chain wallet and I confirmed the Antigona's I have seen online are the same shade/color.
My question is would you go with Goatskin , or the shiny smooth purple? Normally I would gravitate towards the shiny, but the purple goat is very nice and perhaps more subtle.
I am also questioning my black antigona purchase, it seems natural to go with such a pretty and classic color and believe me I love it, however Purple is my favorite color and I feel I would wear it with just about everything except more purple!

I should also mention I adore the Nightingale in Purple as well, but have not been able to find the medium purple bag for sale anywhere. Maybe that is the solution, a nightingale.

Opinions wanted! Thx.

Wow you have a tough decision to make! The antigona has always been on my wish list but in this color I like the Ngale!! I think the color suits the style of the Ngale. I prefer the antigona in black. This is my opinion but choose the one that you love😊.

I agree that you won't go wrong. As someone who loves purple and in general prefers the shiny Anti to the goatskin, I would've thought I would prefer the shiny purple. But something is pulling me to the goatskin Anti the most. That said, they are all nice! Go where your heart is leading you!

I love purple too and all three bags are stunning! If I had the choice, I'd go with the goat skin. I feel like the shiny leather would get scratched or scuffed easily where as the goat skin would be more durable. You have a tough decision to make, good luck! :smile:

The color works really well with the gale. I kind of like dark colors with the Antigona. But choose the bag that makes your heart skip a beat and makes you feel giddy all over! :smile:

In my opinion the shiny surface compliments the shape of the bag better than the goat skin. But like Grimez said a couple of posts above, I wouldn't count on the durability of the shiny leather when it comes to scratches. On the other hand, any sorts of stains are easier to remove from the shiny smooth leather. What kind of use would the bag come into, occassional or more frequent? If it was for (almost) everyday use I would choose the goat skin. I personally would choose Antigona over Gale, even with the matte finish, but you know better which one suits your style :tup: