Shining Monkey Fabric Protector...Bought from Amazon.com

There was a thread a while back about Shining Monkey moving and they shut down for a little while even tho they took orders but didnt ship right away. I was one of those orders but I got email updates from them. It only took about 1.5 weeks but some waited a month. Maybe that happened with the co. you bought it from? Maybe their order from SM directly was delayed, thus their order to you is delayed?? Just a thought...

There was a thread a while back about Shining Monkey moving and they shut down for a little while even tho they took orders but didnt ship right away. I was one of those orders but I got email updates from them. It only took about 1.5 weeks but some waited a month. Maybe that happened with the co. you bought it from? Maybe their order from SM directly was delayed, thus their order to you is delayed?? Just a thought...

you are talking about directly order from shining monkey correct? I donno if you are from Canada or US, but it wasn't about the delivery time that cost a problem for me. When I ordered it DIRECTLY from shinining monkey (i'm not talking about amazon.com here) the online order did not went through and they email me and ask me to give them my credit card # over email instead. this is WHERE i stopped, because this is my first time order and i felt suspicious. :sad:

you are talking about directly order from shining monkey correct? I donno if you are from Canada or US, but it wasn't about the delivery time that cost a problem for me. When I ordered it DIRECTLY from shinining monkey (i'm not talking about amazon.com here) the online order did not went through and they email me and ask me to give them my credit card # over email instead. this is WHERE i stopped, because this is my first time order and i felt suspicious. :sad:

No, I was meaning maybe the people YOU bought it from this time (who have yet to ship it) had a delayed shipment direct from Shining Monkey themselves. We all had a delay due to them relocating their business and delaying all orders. Was just offering that up as a possible explanation for why your particular vendor hasn't shipped. The product they are selling had to have come directly from Shining Monkey at some point.

Amazon.com is a lot like ebay in the fact that they are just a venue for sellers to sell their product. Sometimes the items come directly from them at Amazon, but usually that is not the case. It is individual merchants. I personally don't trust it at all. I've heard of a lot of people on here buying bags from them and expecting authenticity, but I wouldn't dare.

No, I was meaning maybe the people YOU bought it from this time (who have yet to ship it) had a delayed shipment direct from Shining Monkey themselves. We all had a delay due to them relocating their business and delaying all orders. Was just offering that up as a possible explanation for why your particular vendor hasn't shipped. The product they are selling had to have come directly from Shining Monkey at some point.

Amazon.com is a lot like ebay in the fact that they are just a venue for sellers to sell their product. Sometimes the items come directly from them at Amazon, but usually that is not the case. It is individual merchants. I personally don't trust it at all. I've heard of a lot of people on here buying bags from them and expecting authenticity, but I wouldn't dare.

i didn't know about this (well now i know). I always thought amazon.com is a wholeseller site that sells variety of products. I've contacted the seller and there's no replies. amazon.com will refund me the money and i'm waiting for their investigation now, thanks for your info.

May I ask do you ususally buy this product directly from the Shining Monkey site or on amazon.com (if so, which seller?) because i still need it for my bags, unfortunately...

I ordered my Shining Monkey 1.5 weeks ago and received it earlier this week. Maybe your order just slipped through? My SM was shipped from Florida and it appears to be directly from Shining Monkey (the packaging tape has Shining Monkey logo all over it).

BTW, it works GREAT! I even "spilled" water on the back of my Coach tag (naked vachetta side) to test it. The water beaded up and didn't soak!

i didn't know about this (well now i know). I always thought amazon.com is a wholeseller site that sells variety of products. I've contacted the seller and there's no replies. amazon.com will refund me the money and i'm waiting for their investigation now, thanks for your info.

May I ask do you ususally buy this product directly from the Shining Monkey site or on amazon.com (if so, which seller?) because i still need it for my bags, unfortunately...

I buy directly from Shining Monkey's website themselves. I am not a fan of Amazon. It is basically ebay but a little more structured. I got the two pack but I need to order more. I love the stuff. They did have a problem with everything being down a while back when they moved so that might explain them asking directly for your card info- but that's not normally how it works. You enter everything online.

Does SM come in an aerosol can? I once ordered Applegard and my US forwarder refused to ship it to me to Asia since it's against airline regulation.

Do you guys know of any other way I can get my hands on these miracle sprays??

I've never bought SM through Amazon...I've always bought directly through their website and their CS representatives. Why not try calling SM and letting them know what happened and you'd like to know if it had been shipped yet?

Shining monkey has their own website. Order direct next time. Mine took a very short amount of time to arrive.

Yep, mine did too. I ordered it through their Netherlands website and was contacted right away by one of their reps and we did a paypal transaction, and I got it 3 days later! :smile: SM is great!

Does SM come in an aerosol can? I once ordered Applegard and my US forwarder refused to ship it to me to Asia since it's against airline regulation.

Do you guys know of any other way I can get my hands on these miracle sprays??

Yes, it does. Contact SM directly and see if they have any representatives located in Asia or stores that are authorised to sell SM. This is what I did, since I live in Europe and they ended up giving me the contact information of their location in the Netherlands :smile:

I buy directly from Shining Monkey's website themselves. I am not a fan of Amazon. It is basically ebay but a little more structured. I got the two pack but I need to order more. I love the stuff. They did have a problem with everything being down a while back when they moved so that might explain them asking directly for your card info- but that's not normally how it works. You enter everything online.

thanks for your info, i'll try their offical website again.

UPDATE: amazon.com refunded my money, not from the seller.