Shill bidding? What to do!?

chinkee21

My Dream Ring!
O.G.
Nov 6, 2007
Ladies, this item finally got listed and I really want to win it this time, last time I lost by a dollar and now this that's not gonna happen again! But the bidding seems fishy since 2 of the bidders are with 0 feedback, what can I do? Now they have jacked up the price so much and there's still 5 days left before the auction ends! Can I report this or something?:hrmm:

Unfortunately, this is happening more and more.. very discouraging to say the

least. Perhaps since this item has turned up before you may find it again at the price

you want to spend. You can also wait til the auction is over and if the other bidder

doesn't pay, contact the seller at the price that you would want it for. You never know.

Unfortunately, this is happening more and more.. very discouraging to say the

least. Perhaps since this item has turned up before you may find it again at the price

you want to spend. You can also wait til the auction is over and if the other bidder

doesn't pay, contact the seller at the price that you would want it for. You never know.

Or they are shilling and will offer a second chance and say the others didn't pay? Can they do that?

Or they are shilling and will offer a second chance and say the others didn't pay? Can they do that?

Yes, they can and do. Has happened to me -- 2 hours after an auction ends, and I've been outbid by ONE increment, I've gotten an offer from the seller -- "I don't sell to ZERO feedback bidders, do you want it for your last bid" or similar. If a seller is legit, IMHO, they will offer an item for the bid I was at BEFORE the "zero" entered the picture and drove up the price.

CGS & Cowprincess, yes, I pretty much think that is what's gonna transpire after the auction ends. Now I am lemming over the idea if I still want to bid or not..sigh.

CGS & Cowprincess, yes, I pretty much think that is what's gonna transpire after the auction ends. Now I am lemming over the idea if I still want to bid or not..sigh.

Well, I would bid-whats the worst that will happen, you will win? And maybe if you bid, the shilling will start again and you can just wash your hands of it and wait for the item to surface again from another seller.

I am having the same issue. A seller is blatantly shill bidding, they've been doing it on every one of their auctions, I've reported it to ebay 4 times in the last week and a half and nothing has been done. Very frustrating. And what's even more bothersome is I really want the item! :lol:

I am having the same issue. A seller is blatantly shill bidding, they've been doing it on every one of their auctions, I've reported it to ebay 4 times in the last week and a half and nothing has been done. Very frustrating. And what's even more bothersome is I really want the item! :lol:

Ebay will not do anything. It is in their interest if the prices are driven up.
I once was a victim, I worked out and reported to ebay all the details and the name/history of a shill bidder (it was a "person" who had an account for 5 years, and all those years only bought from one seller. She was making 30 bids per week, all from the same seller, but bought somehow much less, virtually nothing, such an unlucky faithful bidder!.) Ebay DID NOT CARE!:tdown: