Shill bidding or what?

I wouldn't have sent that to the seller. Even tho you might be right, you have no proof so you may be libeling someone. Better to have just reported it to ebay, they have software and procedures in place to deal with it if they feel like it.

A defamation of character lawsuit is not worth it over $38.

denton, you are right, but it's hard to watch when it appears that a seller is not playing fair. Unfortunately ebay rarely sides with the seller, but when it comes to shill bidding, they seem to turn a blind eye, probably because it means a higher profit for ebay. If a seller wants a certain amount for an item, then why not start the bidding at that price or do a BIN? That's what I do.

It's hard to believe that six auctions started during a two day timeframe resulted in six zero feedback bidders winning and then all six items being relisted at the same time. That's bound to cause suspicion.

I get your point though and can't disagree with what you say. I guess I just hate to think of anyone being ripped off. I'd feel guilty if I just kept quiet and did nothing. Ebay tend to ignore an awful lot.

Like I've said previously, it will be interesting to see if all the seller's relisted items are bid on by zero feedback bidders now that I've highlighted my concerns to the seller. That could be telling.

the seller might think if she start auction lower it would attract more watchers and bidders, but she doesn't want it sold so low/loose money, so she raise the price herself. But I don't understand why she would go thru all this trouble...I've listed CL at $750 and one bidder was all it takes for a satisfying sell. your seller got to much time on her hands :smile::smile: and again, if you still think you got an ok deal on the wallet, don't waste your time, leave a warning for others and be happy with your purchase ^^

I would be leaving a neg because, as EBay tells sellers, FB is the opinion the buyer has of the transaction. Just because the price may be decent, knowing you were tricked into paying more doesn't make for a positive experience.

I reported my suspicions to ebay and finally it looks like ebay have taken action. All the seller's current auctions have been taken down (at least 8). I believe my suspicions were correct. After the seller's six auctions ended (won by zero feedback bidders), she relisted all of them again. That's when I sent the seller a message voicing my concerns about possible shill bidding and strangely enough (after my communication with her) not a single zero feedback bidder bid on the relisted items, so there were no bidders up until the time ebay brought down all the auctions.

I hope this seller has learnt her lesson and plays fair in future. I'd hate to see anyone else overcharged for an item due to shill bidding. Greed is so ugly.

Happy shopping ladies!

I'm actually overseas right now but will be home in two weeks. My housesitters have said a package arrived, so it is waiting for me. Ebay removed all this seller's listings and that to me indicates something is wrong. I will figure out some feedback in two weeks time, once I can confirm the wallet is okay.

I wouldn't have sent that to the seller. Even tho you might be right, you have no proof so you may be libeling someone. Better to have just reported it to ebay, they have software and procedures in place to deal with it if they feel like it.

A defamation of character lawsuit is not worth it over $38.

Well said and absolutely correct!!

I reported my suspicions to ebay and finally it looks like ebay have taken action. All the seller's current auctions have been taken down (at least 8). I believe my suspicions were correct. After the seller's six auctions ended (won by zero feedback bidders), she relisted all of them again. That's when I sent the seller a message voicing my concerns about possible shill bidding and strangely enough (after my communication with her) not a single zero feedback bidder bid on the relisted items, so there were no bidders up until the time ebay brought down all the auctions.

I hope this seller has learnt her lesson and plays fair in future. I'd hate to see anyone else overcharged for an item due to shill bidding. Greed is so ugly.

Happy shopping ladies!

I'm so glad you reported it to ebay and they were able to take the action on their end:smile:

What is even more telling is that if you look at the auctions for those buyers who left this seller feedback, they also bid against zero feedback bidders. It all points to dishonesty.

I'm so glad ebay took action, it's important that honest buyers and sellers are protected.

Happy shopping ladies!

Kudos to you on a job well done. It is interesting that eBay was so quick to "catch on" to this seller's shill bidding, but can't seem to grasp the same issue on a seller with very high volume. I guess anything goes in the Windy City.