She's here and she's perfect...my new rouge vif city! (pics)

valerieb

I want them all!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
After months of waiting, my rouge vif city is finally here--and she is even more spectacular than I expected! Joseph at Bal NY did an outstanding job choosing a deep red bag with slight distressing but not veiny at all. I was expecting the color to be on the orange-red side (like the wallets and day bags I've seen) but instead it's a rich, true red. Wow! I think I'm in love!:love:

By the way, has anyone else noticed how securely Bal NY tapes their shipments? It took me about 20 minutes to break into the shipping box, which I finally ended up destroying because I was so eager to see the bag. I wonder if they do this to prevent theft or if they simply get a charge out of imagining all of us going crazy trying to get the box open?

Attachments

• rouge 11.jpg
    rouge 11.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 105
  • rouge10.jpg
    rouge10.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 116
  • rouge4.jpg
    rouge4.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 126
OMG, OMG, OMG!!! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm so glad you got such a stunning bag! She beats out any bag out there--that color is HOT. And I love her against the zebra print!

Congrats!

Beautiful!!!

I am laughing at your post because I don't find the shipping box that hard to open but the Balenciaga box KILLS me! I hate to even store my bags in the boxes because they're so hard to open. I need a crow bar!

Glimmer said:
Beautiful!!!

I am laughing at your post because I don't find the shipping box that hard to open but the Balenciaga box KILLS me! I hate to even store my bags in the boxes because they're so hard to open. I need a crow bar!

Yes, you are right! After I destroyed the shipping box I had to contend with the Balenciaga box. I was extremely frustrated when that box wouldn't open either. I was starting to think I'd never get to my bag!

Also--thanks to everyone for their nice comments. It's such a wonderful feeling to anticipate the arrival of a bag and have it be even more than you expected when you finally receive it!

Glimmer said:
Beautiful!!!

Ha ha! I had a really hard time with the BAL box too!
I had to shake, rattle, and pull on each side to get it to open!:lol: