"She's got the same handbag I'm wearing now!"

You remain unique from all others, even if they're wearing the same thing. It's an attribute that comes from within & no one can ever take that from you.

I absolutely agree. That was actually my (poorly worded) point when I said that virtually all products are mass-produced. It isn't what we wear or carry on the outside that makes us who we are. And even if a person sees no one else carrying the same bag, they can rest assured that there are still thousands of other people who own the same thing. So even if our posessions make us feel like we are different from everyone else, it is an illusion.

Never has happened to me, but I tend to carry non-mainstream bags in a very Coach-heavy area. If it did happen, I'd be surprised just b/c it means that there's someone else here that likes HH/Botkier/Apres Midi/etc.

Never happened to me either, but it would only bug me if her outfit was horrendous... she'd make me look bad by comparison.. :P

I think that's part of the reason I'm really digging Longchamp now. Not too many people are hip to it.. and I actually learned about that brand here!

Whoever that other Longchamp fan was, Thank You.

I would actually enjoy it if someone else were into Thomas Wylde though. I NEVER see anyone else carrying one.

Coach is basically the only thing around me. I've seen a few international students with the Neverfull and Goyard bags - I always admire and smile.

I have 3 LV's, including the Speedy 35 - one girl in one of my classes has it in the 30, I am a bit embarrassed, but I know my collection is quite better than hers. HEHEHE. :tup:

Plus, I'm a boy, so it's different. I never see men with good bags. I do know one guy with the Coach Heritage Stripe mens tote, but he doesn't wear it well, at all.

I don't generally buy "it" bags as I do like to be unique, so I guess if it did happen to me, I'd be upset. I also like to buy one-of-kind handmade jewelry for the same reason.

I must say though, on more than one occasion I have been out and will see two different women (from two different groups) standing not so far away from each other carrying the LV Monogram Neverfull. The image is burned into my brain so I can never own one myself.

At least they were from 2 different groups. Picture this, 4 girls going out together, All of them dressed alomost the same and 3 of them were carrying Speedy mono! :wtf: What is this? Some kind of uniform? If I was one of them, I'd run home and change my bag!!:P

I try not to buy too common bags..Love Speedy , but I think I will never buy one in Mono though..:nogood: coz every single girlfriend of mine has one.

I was at the Canadian embassy a few months ago and she was carrying the same red balenciaga city as mine and when we took out our wallet, we had the same wallet too (but different color). It was funny for me but she was like looking at me a lot after that. Don't know what she's thinking though. LOL

It's just a bag. It doesn't bother me when i see someone else carry the exact same bag i happen to be carrying with me that day.

Luckily for me, DH has never mentioned anything about handbags and his ex gfs. Although i can understand how annoying it must've been for you to have your date mention his ex and her handbag.

Here in the small town where i live then hardly anyone carries designer bags (or not that i have noticed before)
But then i was in the town centre the other day and saw a TON of what looked like (to me) fake LV MC Speedys, i was HORRIFIED and think it has put me off the bag for good...
Now in regards to my husbands exes, well he never really had a relationshio before me (i was his first love, awww) so he has nothing to compare me to, however - i do find my style is pretty unique so even if someone had the same bag as me then i am pretty sure they wouldn't have the same shoes/top/skirt/dress/etc too so therefore it doesn't matter,
What DOES really bother me is when one of my friends copies my style, hair colour, hair style, etc and buy the same things as i do and such like, i mean - UGH!