SHES BACK !!! The Patina Champ is Unstoppable!!!

Hi @jessicasimpson ,

I applied your method to my 3 months old tp26 (before bigger bags ) but I have some problems on vachetta , looks spotty. I wiped with damping and wrinking cotton cloth , stay all night for dry and polished with dry cotton cloth and this is . What can I do to fix this ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 811
Hi @jessicasimpson ,

I applied your method to my 3 months old tp26 (before bigger bags ) but I have some problems on vachetta , looks spotty. I wiped with damping and wrinking cotton cloth , stay all night for dry and polished with dry cotton cloth and this is . What can I do to fix this ?
hi . Im not sure what that is . It looks like the pours in the natural leather. Those tend to come out as the bag starts to patina. They will soften after time and slowly dissapear. If you truly dont want to wait u can consider a leather conditioner but personally i wouldnt . If it was me i would clean it again it could also be oil from your hands or lotion because it almost looks like the darker areas got wet but the lighter areas didnt. but i truly think its just the natural leather :smile: also hard to say if anything got on it . hope that helps maybe someone else will chime in . Please keep me posted :'(

hi . Im not sure what that is . It looks like the pours in the natural leather. Those tend to come out as the bag starts to patina. They will soften after time and slowly dissapear. If you truly dont want to wait u can consider a leather conditioner but personally i wouldnt . If it was me i would clean it again it could also be oil from your hands or lotion because it almost looks like the darker areas got wet but the lighter areas didnt. but i truly think its just the natural leather :smile: also hard to say if anything got on it . hope that helps maybe someone else will chime in . Please keep me posted :'(
Thanks for quick reply, I didn't touch it when I applied the method, anyway I am always so careful to touch with pure clean hands and mostly I dont touch there . I am so sad for this :sad: I will apply tonight again as you said may be change :sad: Of course I will keep you posted , thanks again

Thanks for quick reply, I didn't touch it when I applied the method, anyway I am always so careful to touch with pure clean hands and mostly I dont touch there . I am so sad for this :sad: I will apply tonight again as you said may be change :sad: Of course I will keep you posted , thanks again
When you are cleaning it does it all look the same color .can you post a pic of it ?

When you are cleaning it does it all look the same color .can you post a pic of it ?
Also if you do apply a leather conditioner it should even out :smile: i was thinking if you never did anything to this it could have just got way to dryed out. I alway rub my hands and arms on my leather to condition it. That just my own way of doing it lol. When my SA at LV told me to use the water and cotton she didnt say to condition it at all :0

Also if you do apply a leather conditioner it should even out :smile: i was thinking if you never did anything to this it could have just got way to dryed out. I alway rub my hands and arms on my leather to condition it. That just my own way of doing it lol. When my SA at LV told me to use the water and cotton she didnt say to condition it at all :0
I will take a photo after wiping with damp cloth. I have no leather condition also I will use my clean hands,too:smile: Yesterday at first apply, as soon as I applied the damp cloth ,ıt turned to this spotty situation. I thought that it would fix when it dry but unfortunately it didn't:sad:

At the LV store they told me to clean the bag with water and soap (from a soap bar, not liquid soap) and then apply leather furniture conditioner. This is the method they gave me to clean dirty handles of the bag, not a method for regular maintenance.

Cleaning the bag could dry it out. It guess it also depends on the climate of they country where you live in and the way you store you bags. If the handles look dry, you could use a bit of conditioner, but after applying it, the vachetta can look a bit darker (not much though)

Personally when cleaning the bag, I don't like rubbing the vachetta. It was my experience that you can almost (carefully) squeeze out the dirt rather tan rubbing on it.

At the LV store they told me to clean the bag with water and soap (from a soap bar, not liquid soap) and then apply leather furniture conditioner. This is the method they gave me to clean dirty handles of the bag, not a method for regular maintenance.

Cleaning the bag could dry it out. It guess it also depends on the climate of they country where you live in and the way you store you bags. If the handles look dry, you could use a bit of conditioner, but after applying it, the vachetta can look a bit darker (not much though)

Personally when cleaning the bag, I don't like rubbing the vachetta. It was my experience that you can almost (carefully) squeeze out the dirt rather tan rubbing on it.

I am so confused :confused1: . I will try again but I think I lost my courage about bigger vachetta leathers on my other bags :-s I think something is wrong on me because the bags of the all people ,who applies this methods, looks amazing

:sad: i wouldn't worry . It is something that will even out. Water wont hurt your bag. As with what the other poster said mild soap may help also if thier is anything on the tab making the water not soak in evenly. Hope that makes sence. Make sure the water is even try to blot it then wipe to even it out. If its not evening out when its wet then it wont when its dry. Thats why i may use a mild soap .Im still thinking its the natural leather as each piece is different .