She's 32 years old and a beauty!!

luvbags29

O.G.
Feb 23, 2012
i just received my holy grail bag... the medium classic flap in lambskin leather with gold hardware. I knew I wanted one with the 24 karat gold and it is in wonderful condition for its age. It's only 2 years younger than me!! Presenting my new to me vintage classic.... oh and the best part... it came with everything... box, dust bag, care booklet and authenticity card!!! And for a steal of a price!!! So excited... can you tell? ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4269.JPG
    IMG_4269.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,531
  • IMG_4271.JPG
    IMG_4271.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,588
  • IMG_4272.JPG
    IMG_4272.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 1,574
Thank you so much everyone for your kind words! I'm absolutely in shock still that she's finally mine. I had saved up and was ready to pounce on a vintage piece in great condition for a great price. It must have been waiting for me ;).... Now to figure out how to store her properly with her chains..... Any advice???

i just received my holy grail bag... the medium classic flap in lambskin leather with gold hardware. I knew I wanted one with the 24 karat gold and it is in wonderful condition for its age. It's only 2 years younger than me!! Presenting my new to me vintage classic.... oh and the best part... it came with everything... box, dust bag, care booklet and authenticity card!!! And for a steal of a price!!! So excited... can you tell? ;)
THAT is AMAZING!!! 32 years????!!! IMPRESSIVE...she's gorgeous! Biggest congrats!:girlsigh::drinks::yahoo::tup::loveeyes:

She looks amazing, look at the sheen on the leather, its stunning!

I would usually store them outside of the bag & make sure the chain doesnt rest on the leather to avoid dents. And, my ocd me would put cotton pads between the outer flap & inner flap where the chain&zipper rest are to avoid rubbing. Some of the members stores the rest of the chain inside & the exposed chain outside (on the top of the flap) is wrapped so that it didnt dent the flap leather.

Oh & store this up right so that the quilt dont sunk in easily. Congratulations on scoring a beauty again!

Reactions: missie1
She looks amazing, look at the sheen on the leather, its stunning!

I would usually store them outside of the bag & make sure the chain doesnt rest on the leather to avoid dents. And, my ocd me would put cotton pads between the outer flap & inner flap where the chain&zipper rest are to avoid rubbing. Some of the members stores the rest of the chain inside & the exposed chain outside (on the top of the flap) is wrapped so that it didnt dent the flap leather.

Oh & store this up right so that the quilt dont sunk in easily. Congratulations on scoring a beauty again!

Thanks! It came to me with chains on the inside wrapped in bubble wrap and the chains on each side wrapped in bubble wrap going into the inside so it doesn't dent the leather. Does that seem like a good way? It is shown in the first picture. I would hate for something to happen to my vintage beauty in my care :sad:
When you leave the chains outside of your bag.. how does that look? Do you wrap them in a piece of felt or something and let them sit behind? Do you keep them as a double strap when doing that? Or... do you pull them through and also protect the chain on the top of your bag going across? I had no idea the effort that would go into protecting the bag from the chains.... Thanks so much for your advice :smile: