sherwoodpm vs alma pm(vernis)

I find it really comfy on the shoulder, no problems, other than at the very beginning I was worried about squishing it, but as I grew used to the bag, I just relaxed, and for me, it is the perfect fit. I mostly hand-carry or elbow-carry it, though, but it's just good to know that I can put it on my shoulder whenever I need to. In my opinion the PM is perfect for the very reason that it goes so perfectly from day to evening - I use mine as my work bag for spring/summer (I don't need to carry files or computer, just my daily stuff) and also to gallerie openings, dinners, drinks etc. Go for it, I can't imagine you ever regretting this choice!:graucho:
Thank u so much for ur reply on this, as it was a big concern for me as i always feel patent leather might be abit "loud" for day use.. although i do plan on getting it in the givre so i gues the colour softens up the patent. Hmmmmm i think i might set out for the sherwood then ;P I dont really understand why it isn't very popular among tpf members though

I personally love the Sherwood more for everyday use. The Alma for that weekend dinner with the DF or something where I do not have to hold it the whole time. The biggest reason I was drawn to the sherwood was the ability to put it over the shoulder (when I am out shopping for 6-8 hours the Alma really becomes a burden on my arm LOL) and still look nice and in vernis.

I don't think you'll regret either, they both have no vachetta- all vernis and both rolled straps). I would just decide which would work better for what you're looking to use it for. Sherwood has no feet which could be a pro or a con (I wish it did but at the same time, I don't think it would look as sleek).

As far as size, I find them both to be equally sized but the configuration of your stuff would have to be different. I have attached some pics for comparison. These 2 pics are the same exact contents but the Sherwood obviously being shorter will not fit a hard sunglass case vertically like the Alma would.

PS: I love the Givre as well but not as much as I love these 2 colors :biggrin:

Wow!! thank u so much for the effort with taking comparison photos as i know it is prob quite a hassle to take and to upload ;) Hmmmm im thinking im prob more drawn to the sherwood because of its ability to be worn on the shoulder, but i do like the occasional elbow/hand carry option as it makes the bag feel abit more elegant. I have mixed feelings for the alma because although i love it in vernis, im generally not too sure if i love the shape. Also may i ask whether getting things in and out of the bag is a major hassle? I remmeber reading somewhere a member had decided to sell her alma because it just didnt work for her. Apparently everything she needed to get something out she would have it sit the bag down and open it. Hmmmm, also practicality wise would u prefer the sherwood or the alma?
Also, i think ur extremely lucky to have got something in the gris colour as i think that is gorgeous (gorg in ur alma too) . Too bad i never actually got myself into vernis back in the days when gris was still around, and i had no idea LV discontinued their colours.. I guess givre is a blue version of the gris colour;) Gosh, tbh im torn between rouge fauviste and the givre colour ><

Wow!! thank u so much for the effort with taking comparison photos as i know it is prob quite a hassle to take and to upload ;) Hmmmm im thinking im prob more drawn to the sherwood because of its ability to be worn on the shoulder, but i do like the occasional elbow/hand carry option as it makes the bag feel abit more elegant. I have mixed feelings for the alma because although i love it in vernis, im generally not too sure if i love the shape. Also may i ask whether getting things in and out of the bag is a major hassle? I remmeber reading somewhere a member had decided to sell her alma because it just didnt work for her. Apparently everything she needed to get something out she would have it sit the bag down and open it. Hmmmm, also practicality wise would u prefer the sherwood or the alma?
Also, i think ur extremely lucky to have got something in the gris colour as i think that is gorgeous (gorg in ur alma too) . Too bad i never actually got myself into vernis back in the days when gris was still around, and i had no idea LV discontinued their colours.. I guess givre is a blue version of the gris colour;) Gosh, tbh im torn between rouge fauviste and the givre colour ><

You're welcome! :smile:

The Alma is a hassle because of the narrow slit like opening, and its shape does not lend it to easily getting your hand/stuff in and out. I usually just pull the zippers and the weight itself allows it to zip up without much effort (when full/heavy). Although I can totally see how it is hard to close when its near empty and it's light on the base. That said, the Sherwood is not that much easier to zip, I think it is probably just the nature of the patent leather, much stiffer and resistant to the zip pulls. Also one thing I have noticed with the sherwood is the little extra piece of zipper pull that hangs off can be a pain when closing or opening as you have to pull/stretch on it to get it to cooperate.

All of these are minor annoyances in my opinion. They are both lovely! I find myself not zipping my bags half the time anyway! Good luck and looking forward to your reveal! :tup:

I personally love the Sherwood more for everyday use. The Alma for that weekend dinner with the DF or something where I do not have to hold it the whole time. The biggest reason I was drawn to the sherwood was the ability to put it over the shoulder (when I am out shopping for 6-8 hours the Alma really becomes a burden on my arm LOL) and still look nice and in vernis.

I don't think you'll regret either, they both have no vachetta- all vernis and both rolled straps). I would just decide which would work better for what you're looking to use it for. Sherwood has no feet which could be a pro or a con (I wish it did but at the same time, I don't think it would look as sleek).

As far as size, I find them both to be equally sized but the configuration of your stuff would have to be different. I have attached some pics for comparison. These 2 pics are the same exact contents but the Sherwood obviously being shorter will not fit a hard sunglass case vertically like the Alma would.

PS: I love the Givre as well but not as much as I love these 2 colors :biggrin:

Gorgeous comparison pics! I am a fan of Vernis Alma - I have a Blue Nuit in the PM size and I love it. These pics and description are seriously making me consider checking out a Sherwood the next time I'm in a boutique!

ETA: to the OP, I guess it comes down to are you looking for a handheld or shoulder bag?

Gorgeous comparison pics! I am a fan of Vernis Alma - I have a Blue Nuit in the PM size and I love it. These pics and description are seriously making me consider checking out a Sherwood the next time I'm in a boutique!

ETA: to the OP, I guess it comes down to are you looking for a handheld or shoulder bag?

I'll be honest- i love handheld bags as i think it looks very feminine and elegant except it drives me nuts at times when i really need to be handsfree- so i prefer bags that are able to be handheld/elbow as well as squished up onto the arm at times when need be. So considering that, i might lean towards the sherwood more. The reason why i started this thread is because of that dilema of mine lol- and i know alma is a strictly handheld bag, but i just cant get over how pretty it is in vernis >< I actually had wanted the BB at first (with the additional shoulder strap) but i found it too small at the boutiqe and with that price tag, i was thinking upgrading to the PM. Now im torn between the alma pp and sherwood, because sherwood gives me that extra versatility to wear on my shoulders as well as the occasional elbow/hand carry option.

I've always admired the Alma but haven't gotten round to getting one as of yet and that's mainly because I prefer multiple carry options with my bags. However I do have the Sherwood pm and I love it - for all the reasons that you've mentioned. Its very comfy on the shoulder or in the crook of your arm. The handles are a little longer than a traditional hand carry and I don't know how much this might bother you - when I first saw it, this was definitely my greatest reservation about the style but once on, I don't think its as noticable and I think that given the east-west design, the handle drop actually balances things out. To me the sherwood is a really pretty elegant bag that works really well for evenings/formal but can also jazz up a daytime look. Its also very light for an all vernis bag. Hope some of that helps - GLD!

What color are these two? They are discontinued colors. Correct?

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to - the only colour I think the OP mentioned was givre which has just been released this season. It translates as 'frost' and is a icy blue/grey colour. The 'Alma' and 'Sherwood' are styles not colours and again both are current vernis styles. Not sure if thats what you were asking but HTH :smile:

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to - the only colour I think the OP mentioned was givre which has just been released this season. It translates as 'frost' and is a icy blue/grey colour. The 'Alma' and 'Sherwood' are styles not colours and again both are current vernis styles. Not sure if thats what you were asking but HTH :smile:

Sorry, I was wondering the colors of the two bags posted by Mai. I don't think LV currently has those colors.

Sorry, I was wondering the colors of the two bags posted by Mai. I don't think LV currently has those colors.

Hahaha! Talk about completely misunderstanding - I hadn't seen Mai's post so I thought you were referring to OP's original debate. Doh!:blush:

Ok - so to answer your actual qu if you still need it answering, yep - you're right. The bags she posted are in gris art deco and blanc corail. The blanc corail was part of the spring/summer collection so I think there's still a fair number of these wondering about - I know they are available at my local store. But the gris is pretty much all gone - again, if your hearts set on it its well worth asking your SA or CS to check national stock as there are always some surprises to be had. Anyway - hope my post is a little more use to you this time round! :P :giggles:

Thank you!!!! I am going to Bermuda soon and now I am wondering if I should get the Sherwood in blanc corail. Had my heart set on the givre but they don't have it. They will try and order it. But if blanc corail is part of spring/summer line and may be gone soon, maybe I should consider that one. I don't have a good SA in the states yet. I am working on that. Thanks for your post - it is very helpful. -M.

Hahaha! Talk about completely misunderstanding - I hadn't seen Mai's post so I thought you were referring to OP's original debate. Doh!:blush:

Ok - so to answer your actual qu if you still need it answering, yep - you're right. The bags she posted are in gris art deco and blanc corail. The blanc corail was part of the spring/summer collection so I think there's still a fair number of these wondering about - I know they are available at my local store. But the gris is pretty much all gone - again, if your hearts set on it its well worth asking your SA or CS to check national stock as there are always some surprises to be had. Anyway - hope my post is a little more use to you this time round! :P :giggles: