Sheltering & Winter & Knitting

Wow. I too have never knitted but have always wanted to try. Any thoughts around a first set of needles and yarn?
Whenever I need a new needle I would usually get it from the secondhand stores. But since covid.. I think Michaels plus coupon would be good? I know they carry pretty decent yarns. I'm not sure of how prices are in America(if you are American). Start with small and simple projects!

Reactions: Suncatcher
Wow. I too have never knitted but have always wanted to try. Any thoughts around a first set of needles and yarn?
I agree with @cheremushki Michaels is a great place to start for inexpensive knitting/crochet kit. I got my first set of needles and instruction booklet from there way to before youtube videos!

I am in no way associated with Purl Soho but have shopped there before and love their stuff. They are also very nice and helpful pre-Covid when you could stop in stores! They have really nice yarns and the price reflects their quality.
https://www.purlsoho.com/learn-to-knit-kit.html

I have also seen a lot of knitting and crochet kits popping up online these days and thought I had a few bookmarked but of course cant find any right now. There are lot of free knitting pattern and youtube videos if you want to make your own kit from a craft store. Which will be a lot cheaper then most kits.

Reactions: cheremushki
I agree with @cheremushki Michaels is a great place to start for inexpensive knitting/crochet kit. I got my first set of needles and instruction booklet from there way to before youtube videos!

I am in no way associated with Purl Soho but have shopped there before and love their stuff. They are also very nice and helpful pre-Covid when you could stop in stores! They have really nice yarns and the price reflects their quality.
https://www.purlsoho.com/learn-to-knit-kit.html

I have also seen a lot of knitting and crochet kits popping up online these days and thought I had a few bookmarked but of course cant find any right now. There are lot of free knitting pattern and youtube videos if you want to make your own kit from a craft store. Which will be a lot cheaper then most kits.

Omg Yes! Purlsoho! Also join Ravelry for lot of free patterns. Knit picks is also a great website for yarns!!

I always wanted to learn to knit or crochet. My mother and MIL crochet. Someday!
I learned at my local public library. They’re currently offering their classes for free via Zoom, and have a reference guide of videos and books

Reactions: foxgal
It's that season again! Cold, wet(in Pacific Northwest) and nestling season. But especially with Covid and sheltering in place I'll be knitting up the storm when not cooking and baking. So I give you.... Aardvark stuffies! Season's first knittings!

Let's see if anyone is doing the same! Share your knittings? View attachment 4905485

Can I ask what you use to stuff the animals and get the legs to stand up?

I like to crochet ornaments as Christmas presents. I’m currently working on some blankets but my wrists get fatigued after a while.
E0B32B10-BCE0-4007-90C4-8E57F4414D3A.jpeg