Shellac Remover

Michele26

~Libra Baby~
O.G.
May 14, 2007
I went to a different salon to get a shellac manicure. First the technician had to remove the shellac polish that was already on my nails. She soaked my nails in acetone for all of two minutes and picked up her cuticle clipper and pulled the shellac from my nails! :amazed::shucks: I told her to stop! I didn't want her to ruin my nails. She told me not to worry it wouldn't hurt my nails.

Any little bits of polish that stayed on my nails she buffed off.

I went home and surfed the net to find a product that I can use at home to remove the shellac. I bought Graham Professional Hands Down Soak-off Gel Nail Wraps.

Is this the best product I can use at home to remove the shellac?

I went to a different salon to get a shellac manicure. First the technician had to remove the shellac polish that was already on my nails. She soaked my nails in acetone for all of two minutes and picked up her cuticle clipper and pulled the shellac from my nails! :amazed::shucks: I told her to stop! I didn't want her to ruin my nails. She told me not to worry it wouldn't hurt my nails.

I went home and surfed the net to find a product that I can use at home to remove the shellac. I bought Graham Professional Hands Down Soak-off Gel Nail Wraps.

OMG. Well, you were certainly right to be concerned. No one should be pulling or buffing Shellac off your nails. It's a SOAK-OFF polish! And even soak off does not mean in a bowl of acetone!

I've been using Grahams Hands Down Wraps for several months now and I just love them. They are much less fiddly than the CND Wraps and more effective than cotton and foil. Your Shellac should come off easily and cleanly in 10 minutes, even less if you add heat.

Many things work. I do one of two methods. Both use 100% acetone. I soak a piece of a lint free pad in the acetone and place in on the nail. Then I either wrap it in foil or I put a silicone finger cover over it. If I want to speed up removal, I place my hand in a plastic bag and then use a hand warmer, a heated rice bag or a heated gel pad to my hand. I wait 7-10 minutes and then remove the wrap from one nail at a time and gently push off the gel polish. If it does not all come off cleanly, I rewrap and wait another 2-3 minutes. I do one hand at a time as I find it difficult to wrap the second hand after the first is wrapped.

I would contact CND and tell them the name of the shop and how they are removing Shellac. CND will not certify such a place. I am amazed at the stories we hear about the professionals who do damage to nails. The product is wonderful but it needs to be applied and removed correctly.

I got shellac on my toes last weekend and on Thursday it completely fell off my little toe :| I'm guessing the rest will just fall off too. First time I ever went for shellac.

That method that person used sounds terrible...