Sheepskin leather - So Black Reissue

Jan 25, 2010
Hi all, I've done a search and couldn't really see anything, but please re-direct me if there's another thread with more information. I'm considering the sheepskin so black re-issue..if I can find it. I can't find much information about the sheepskin leather - does anyone have any comments in the durability of the sheathed? I was planning on it being an everyday bag.

Hi all, I've done a search and couldn't really see anything, but please re-direct me if there's another thread with more information. I'm considering the sheepskin so black re-issue..if I can find it. I can't find much information about the sheepskin leather - does anyone have any comments in the durability of the sheathed? I was planning on it being an everyday bag.

I've just gotten the same bag in small and have been using it daily now for almost a week and have found it very durable. No scratches - I've tried using my finger nails against it and nothing. It's softer than caviar but definitely tougher than lamb. Also more structured than the normal aged calf skin on reissues.

The only 2 things I find slightly frustrating is that the zipper leaves a mark on the inner flap and it's unavoidable in all double flaps. Plus the mademoiselle lock is definitely more cumbersome to lock than the classic cc.

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I wanted to hear! IMaybe planning on using it to work vet yaly, so I was hoping it would keep its structure more than the distressed calfskin. I wonder how it would do in rain. Have you treated it with anything?

I think I'll get over the zip and the madamoiselle lock. The other thing that worries me is so black hardware, but that can be replaced I think.

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I wanted to hear! IMaybe planning on using it to work vet yaly, so I was hoping it would keep its structure more than the distressed calfskin. I wonder how it would do in rain. Have you treated it with anything?

I think I'll get over the zip and the madamoiselle lock. The other thing that worries me is so black hardware, but that can be replaced I think.

Yes I do believe it can be used daily as I'm planning to do so as well (jumbos are way too heavy). I haven't used anything on it just because it's black and it's fairly low maintenance. I'm not too worried about the leather but more on the hardware especially when the strap is all metal it may tend to wear out more. I actually haven't removed the plastic off the lock [emoji23]

TBH I don't think you should be worried as long you love the bag and can get your hands on one (it's quite hard to get now), just get it and wear it the way you want to!

I've just gotten the same bag in small and have been using it daily now for almost a week and have found it very durable. No scratches - I've tried using my finger nails against it and nothing. It's softer than caviar but definitely tougher than lamb. Also more structured than the normal aged calf skin on reissues.

The only 2 things I find slightly frustrating is that the zipper leaves a mark on the inner flap and it's unavoidable in all double flaps. Plus the mademoiselle lock is definitely more cumbersome to lock than the classic cc.

What I did was, I did not remove the black padding of the bag (I don't what it's called). So whenever I am using my bag the padding stays there :smile: So no scratches so far for me.