Shearling baguette

Jul 19, 2010
Just wanted to post a pic of the shearling baguette that I took out today. I saw some questions regarding how it wears; I baby my bags anyway so it is hard for me to say but I can say that the shearling, though soft, has a roughness to the texture which may lend to overall durability. It does not feel as delicate as the mink bags as it has a soft yet thick feeling

Reactions: Bumbles and Rhl2987
Just wanted to post a pic of the shearling baguette that I took out today. I saw some questions regarding how it wears; I baby my bags anyway so it is hard for me to say but I can say that the shearling, though soft, has a roughness to the texture which may lend to overall durability. It does not feel as delicate as the mink bags as it has a soft yet thick feeling
Would love to see a pic

Hey! LOVELOVELOVE this bag!!!! Do you have any update on the wear? I absolutely love this bag, and when I went into store in person to try it, as you said I feel like it does have a slightly thicker fur that feels it would stand up well to use. I'm always careful and respectful but tbh I don't baby my bags too much - do we think I'd get little worn patches on back/corners? TIA!

Hey! LOVELOVELOVE this bag!!!! Do you have any update on the wear? I absolutely love this bag, and when I went into store in person to try it, as you said I feel like it does have a slightly thicker fur that feels it would stand up well to use. I'm always careful and respectful but tbh I don't baby my bags too much - do we think I'd get little worn patches on back/corners? TIA!
I'd love to know too it looks AMAZING on!

Hi @amandacasey just wanted to know how your shearling baguette is holding up? Are there any signs of wear and tear? I’m interested in the shearling Mon tresor, but not sure how that will hold up and not any reviews on shearling bags. How have you found it? Did you use it as a winter bag? Thanks so much!

Hi @amandacasey just wanted to know how your shearling baguette is holding up? Are there any signs of wear and tear? I’m interested in the shearling Mon tresor, but not sure how that will hold up and not any reviews on shearling bags. How have you found it? Did you use it as a winter bag? Thanks so much!

hi, i purchased the shearling mon tresor in beige with white FF in november, and i've been carrying it almost exclusively since. as far as i can tell, it's been holding up great and i don't see any visible signs of wear. also, from videos i've seen of other mon tresor bags, this shearling material appears to be much more supple. i don't have any problem closing the drawstring and the bag slouches when i set it down on a table. i've been nervous about potentially spilling drinks, etc. on it but so far nothing has happened yet, knock on wood...

hi, i purchased the shearling mon tresor in beige with white FF in november, and i've been carrying it almost exclusively since. as far as i can tell, it's been holding up great and i don't see any visible signs of wear. also, from videos i've seen of other mon tresor bags, this shearling material appears to be much more supple. i don't have any problem closing the drawstring and the bag slouches when i set it down on a table. i've been nervous about potentially spilling drinks, etc. on it but so far nothing has happened yet, knock on wood...
That’s great to know. Thanks for taking the time to share. Can I ask you have you been caught in the rain with it? Or do you only wear in sunny days? It doesn’t fluff up or fuzz off right? And in summer when it’s humid it doesn’t go fuzzy either? I’m thinking can it only be best worn during cooler months or an all year round bag. I’m currently eyeing the mon tressor in the FF brown shearling. Would you recommend to get the shearling? I saw your beige one online and it’s gorgeous!

That’s great to know. Thanks for taking the time to share. Can I ask you have you been caught in the rain with it? Or do you only wear in sunny days? It doesn’t fluff up or fuzz off right? And in summer when it’s humid it doesn’t go fuzzy either? I’m thinking can it only be best worn during cooler months or an all year round bag. I’m currently eyeing the mon tressor in the FF brown shearling. Would you recommend to get the shearling? I saw your beige one online and it’s gorgeous!

no prob, i had the same anxieties, so i understand. i check the weather before i go out and in the winter it rains less, so i havent really been caught in the rain with it aside from a light drizzle. i do keep a folded baggu bag inside for weather emergencies, which is nice for peace of mind! i haven't noticed any fluff falling off/out, nor have i noticed any pilling whatsoever, or any clumping, but i do expect anything wooly to eventually pill and to trim pills as needed. i don't have experience with it in the summer yet but i don't think of shearling as a warm-weather style so i don't think i will reach for it as much then. (i bought this bag to go with my winter outfits and i wanted something light and hands free as a counterpoint to bulky outerwear/sweaters.) i'm really happy with my purchase - it fits a lot for its tiny visual footprint. if you PM me i'm happy to send you pictures - i am a PF lurker and am too "new" to PM you.

Reactions: Bumbles
no prob, i had the same anxieties, so i understand. i check the weather before i go out and in the winter it rains less, so i havent really been caught in the rain with it aside from a light drizzle. i do keep a folded baggu bag inside for weather emergencies, which is nice for peace of mind! i haven't noticed any fluff falling off/out, nor have i noticed any pilling whatsoever, or any clumping, but i do expect anything wooly to eventually pill and to trim pills as needed. i don't have experience with it in the summer yet but i don't think of shearling as a warm-weather style so i don't think i will reach for it as much then. (i bought this bag to go with my winter outfits and i wanted something light and hands free as a counterpoint to bulky outerwear/sweaters.) i'm really happy with my purchase - it fits a lot for its tiny visual footprint. if you PM me i'm happy to send you pictures - i am a PF lurker and am too "new" to PM you.
That’s great to know. If I get it I’m planning it will be my winter bag too. I don’t have a shearling yet, so if I get it will be my very first. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Reactions: vivix