She paid via Paypal, refund not thru PayPal?

thuha

O.G.
Sep 11, 2006
ok, so the buyer hasn't received the package. The package is sent w/o tracking nor insurance (very hard lesson learned) I guess I have to refund her money, but I don't want to use PayPal çause they are freezing my account. Which way would you suggest to be safe for both of us? Can I ask her to do a mutual withdrawal on transaction so that I can get the fee back? It's $450 transaction, so there is quite an amt of fee. Thanks.

If PayPal is the only way, should I just simply refund her? Or ask her to file a dispute, get resolved in the center to have a record, then refund her???:crybaby:

Sorry, I don't get the situation

So, she hasn't open dispute w paypal yet?
She doesn't have to open one to receive a refund
You should do the refund through paypal, bcux it will show u did refund her.

ok, so the buyer hasn't received the package. The package is sent w/o tracking nor insurance (very hard lesson learned) I guess I have to refund her money, but I don't want to use PayPal çause they are freezing my account. Which way would you suggest to be safe for both of us? Can I ask her to do a mutual withdrawal on transaction so that I can get the fee back? It's $450 transaction, so there is quite an amt of fee. Thanks.

If PayPal is the only way, should I just simply refund her? Or ask her to file a dispute, get resolved in the center to have a record, then refund her???:crybaby:
Oh no I dont believe it. Do you really think it is not received? You still get a small compensation on lost items in UK, is it the same in US? Maybe it will get there. I mean what if you refund her and she gets it tomorrow? Anyway, she would be best to do it through Paypal, is that why your account is frozen? She has probably told them so they have frozen it to be able to refund her. If you do it like that it will take a bit of time and hopefully she will receive it by then and be honest enough to tell you. Sorry Thuha, what a bummer situation!

^^Yes, in the UK it is £30 I think.

Why is your Paypal frozen? Is it because this buyer made a claim against you? If so, and they have frozen the funds for this transaction, DO NOT REFUND until Paypal decides the claim because you will refund her twice.

I am a little confused. Is your Paypal account frozen because this buyer opened up a claim against you? If this is the situation, since you agreed to refund her, Paypal confirm this with you, refund her, and close the case.

i would refund through paypal. if you refund any other way, she can still file a claim through paypal and get the full amount of money back that way. you don't want to double refund her.

I am a little confused. Is your Paypal account frozen because this buyer opened up a claim against you? If this is the situation, since you agreed to refund her, Paypal confirm this with you, refund her, and close the case.

I read in the OP other threat that her PayPal account was frozen for another transaction. Her PayPal balance is already negative. If I was her I'll wait for the buyer to file the claim thru PayPal. :sweatdrop:

My PayPal has neg balance now due to a claim made by another buyer. PayPal is in process of reviewing the case. The buyer that I want to refund the money is a different one. She didn't get the package, and I have no way to find out where the hell the package is (no tracking, no insurance). I told the buyer to wait till Monday 'cause I still have a little hope, but in the end, I still have to refund her. Of course, if she got it and said she didn't get it, I can't do anything about it either. I need advice of how to refund properly so that there is no future issue.

1. via PayPal, I will have to put in money to make my account not negative (-1400), plus the money to refund her (450)... Should I simply refund her and ask her to fill out the mutual withdraw agreement so that I can get my fee back, or should I ask her to file a claim for not receiving item and refund her, does it make me look bad with this claim???

2. not via PayPal, I can send her a check, and keep email of her acknowledge of the refund, as the check is cleared, my bank usually keep a copy of the check online, I can print it out to keep as record. Do you think there still is risk?

I understand that if PayPal favors the other party regarding to the 1st claim, I will have to pay, I don't want them sent me to collection, it's not worth to ruin my credit, but I guess somewhere inside me still want to hold on to the money as long as I can, haha

My PayPal has neg balance now due to a claim made by another buyer. PayPal is in process of reviewing the case. The buyer that I want to refund the money is a different one. She didn't get the package, and I have no way to find out where the hell the package is (no tracking, no insurance). I told the buyer to wait till Monday 'cause I still have a little hope, but in the end, I still have to refund her. Of course, if she got it and said she didn't get it, I can't do anything about it either. I need advice of how to refund properly so that there is no future issue.

1. via PayPal, I will have to put in money to make my account not negative (-1400), plus the money to refund her (450)... Should I simply refund her and ask her to fill out the mutual withdraw agreement so that I can get my fee back, or should I ask her to file a claim for not receiving item and refund her, does it make me look bad with this claim???

2. not via PayPal, I can send her a check, and keep email of her acknowledge of the refund, as the check is cleared, my bank usually keep a copy of the check online, I can print it out to keep as record. Do you think there still is risk?

I understand that if PayPal favors the other party regarding to the 1st claim, I will have to pay, I don't want them sent me to collection, it's not worth to ruin my credit, but I guess somewhere inside me still want to hold on to the money as long as I can, haha
Thuha I dont understand, is the other one the lady who is claiming a purse is fake when you are 100% sure its genuine? This is ridiculous. has she proved it?
The second one can claim through paypal so I would keep her waiting as this will give her time to think about what she is doing if she has in fact received it and is claiming it is lost.

The 1st claim - buyer said my purse is fake... I have submitted all the documents, and waiting for PayPal to review the case and do whatever... in the mean time, they hold the fund, I have $400 in there, and the transaction is a little over $1700, so I have a neg balance of $1300 or so

The 2nd buyer I am referring here, she hasn't filed a claim yet. I told her if she doesn't get the package by Monday (which is 2 wks from the day I sent), I'll refund her money. I don't know how to do the refund correctly, so I ask you guys. You guys suggest I would refund thru PayPal 'cause she paid via PayPal, that means I have to come up w/ enough fund to cover the neg balance, plus the money to refund the 2nd buyer. Am I clear? Hmm... it's complicated isn't it? Should I suggest her file a claim in order to refund her? or just simply refund her?

The 1st claim - buyer said my purse is fake... I have submitted all the documents, and waiting for PayPal to review the case and do whatever... in the mean time, they hold the fund, I have $400 in there, and the transaction is a little over $1700, so I have a neg balance of $1300 or so

The 2nd buyer I am referring here, she hasn't filed a claim yet. I told her if she doesn't get the package by Monday (which is 2 wks from the day I sent), I'll refund her money. I don't know how to do the refund correctly, so I ask you guys. You guys suggest I would refund thru PayPal 'cause she paid via PayPal, that means I have to come up w/ enough fund to cover the neg balance, plus the money to refund the 2nd buyer. Am I clear? Hmm... it's complicated isn't it? Should I suggest her file a claim in order to refund her? or just simply refund her?
I would let her go through Paypal. That way its official and she may not feel comfortable about it if she has really received it. I know I sound suspicious but I dont trust these people. Honestly, I cant believe its lost, its not a pin!
You are so cool about it all Thuha. I take my hat off to you. I would be freaking out and swearing never to ebay again. Well done.

You know what, this is a very hard lesson learned. I had a few sleepless nights, talked about it to everyone in the family, to the point that I can hear myself repeating the same story. It's not the money I am so freaking worried about, well, a little bit, but it's more of the accusation. Anyone knows me knows that I can't sleep w/ unresolved argument, and now, I have to live thru this...

I have never sold or purchased purses on eBay before. We only use our eBay account for various of things we need like good deal camera, computer hardware, air filter, etc... you know what I mean... But since I want the Chanel so bad, I decide to downsize my collection, mostly Coach, and no problem till the Trevi GM, the most expensive item that I just acquired not so long ago. Friends and family told me to keep it, and told me about horror stories on eBay, but I sold my Coach purses w/o problem, so I didn't listen to them, and on the day I sent her out, I did have a 2nd thought.

This is it. This is the end of eBay for me, at least w/ purses :crybaby:I have to admire you all for having such high tolerate level to do it over and over again... And I have learned to be more careful w/ my money, my possession, this lesson costs $450, and will be $1700 extra, who knows...

You know what, this is a very hard lesson learned. I had a few sleepless nights, talked about it to everyone in the family, to the point that I can hear myself repeating the same story. It's not the money I am so freaking worried about, well, a little bit, but it's more of the accusation. Anyone knows me knows that I can't sleep w/ unresolved argument, and now, I have to live thru this...

I have never sold or purchased purses on eBay before. We only use our eBay account for various of things we need like good deal camera, computer hardware, air filter, etc... you know what I mean... But since I want the Chanel so bad, I decide to downsize my collection, mostly Coach, and no problem till the Trevi GM, the most expensive item that I just acquired not so long ago. Friends and family told me to keep it, and told me about horror stories on eBay, but I sold my Coach purses w/o problem, so I didn't listen to them, and on the day I sent her out, I did have a 2nd thought.

This is it. This is the end of eBay for me, at least w/ purses :crybaby:I have to admire you all for having such high tolerate level to do it over and over again... And I have learned to be more careful w/ my money, my possession, this lesson costs $450, and will be $1700 extra, who knows...
I havent sold a high end item for ages. All these stories put me off..
If you refund the expensive bag she had better send it back. How do these people sleep at night? :cursing:

doesn't the buyer have to show proof of the item being fake?

why would you send any item, let alone a $450 item, without delivery confirmation? it costs like ~50 cents at the post office, FREE if you print your postage online.

That is a tough one. Ask her to file a claim with PP to start the process when she is SURE it isn't coming.

I got a refund once and the package came like 49 days later!!! I repaid the lady and she was so excited, not about the money, but that the thing actually finally made it!! As someone said, its not a pin, so eventually it should show up.

I am VERY suspicious of anyone that says it "didn't come." Funny how Fedex and UPS never "lose" anything...maybe bc they can prove buyers got it. I always use UPS for that reason. Plus, they insure a small amount free and less for larger amounts than the PO.