She lost her fav earring.....

Brianpore

Dec 11, 2011
Hi all! I was directed over here to the purse forum (hopefully some of you can lend a helping hand) by a few members of the style forum which I have been an active member of for a just over a year.

A very good friend of mine lost one of her favorite earrings. This was not a very expensive earring, something like $20 from American Eagle (I think) from a few years ago. No special metal (gold silver, etc) or anything really fancy, but I can't find ANYTHING even close to this sort of design/pattern and am on a mission to find her replacements or something very very close.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Thought about getting a custom set made, but not even sure how to go about that and if it is possible, plus it would cost a lot more then I wanted to spend.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sep 23, 2006
You may want to go to the site called ETSY and see if one of the designers can do a handmade design to replace the earrings. Maybe they can do it in sterling.

www.etsy.com

Oct 31, 2010
I agree that etsy is a great place to look for someone to do a custom job and it may not be as expensive as you think.

A few people I can think of off-hand who are good are onegarnetgirl, esdesigns, kateszabone and KathrynRiechert.

Good luck!

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Have you tried James Avery - reminds me of a pattern from them.
Very thoughtful!

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
Etsy is a good idea and someone might already have floral/flower hoops in their shop. Also, Novica.com is someplace you might find something similar. Amazon might have something- they have a pretty big jewelry selection.

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
Chicago
I'm no help, but just wanted to say how sweet you are. My husband is currently working on (it's complicated) getting a replacement earring custom made for me. I lost one of my favorite earrings about a month ago and nearly had a breakdown. Earrings are SO personal, and I'm sure your friend will be VERY pleasantly surprised you went through so much effort for her. Best of luck!

Ratnapur

Gem rescuer!
Jan 9, 2011
I did search under "American Egale Outfitters earrings" and "American Eagle earrings" on eBay; I didn't find the exact earrings, but they do have 2 pages of that brand's earrings (sadly, AME's website has nothing like the earrings; neither did Amazon). I even did a general online search, and found nothing exactly the the same, but, on the other hand, I didn't pursue it very far.

Brianpore

Dec 11, 2011
I did search under "American Egale Outfitters earrings" and "American Eagle earrings" on eBay; I didn't find the exact earrings, but they do have 2 pages of that brand's earrings (sadly, AME's website has nothing like the earrings; neither did Amazon). I even did a general online search, and found nothing exactly the the same, but, on the other hand, I didn't pursue it very far.
Thanks for spending the time looking. I did search high and low on google/ebay/amazon/ google again/etc for something even close to these but no luck :sad:

gelbergirl

hubba hubba ;)
O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
NYC metro-area
Hope you can find something . . . it is hard to replace once lost but the thought is wonderful as is all the time you are putting into this . . .