She called my Chanel flap a fake !

.LVoe.

L♥Ve
Oct 15, 2010
Hey guys ,
I'm really disappointed right now.

I had got a Chanel flap , Jumbo in black lambskin if its any help , as a gift from my friend.

One of my /close/ friends stated it was a fake. After inspecting it of course , she said it looked nothing different than her fake Chanel.

I asked her why is that , she said because an authentic Chanel would have a silver metal plate or something of the sort inside ?

I didn't understand what she meant as I had never purchased a Chanel bag from the boutique itself , or owned a flap previous to this one. I'm mostly into LV and Dior so I don't know much about Chanel flaps. I searched on this forum and some pics from the internet but I didn't see a metal plate in the interior of any bag.

Can anyone explain it to me please ?
I would resort to a boutique for further inquiries but we don't have one in my country. And the friend that got me the bag said it was authentic and she is a dear friend of mine so I'd believe her.. Unless you guys explain what it is she was talking about. Thanks.. :sad:

Thanks , but that's not the case here !

I am not questioning its authenticity , I just want to know whats the metal plate she's talking about.

Thanks for dropping by though. :smile:

I am not questioning its authenticity , I just want to know whats the metal plate she's talking about.

then what is your purpose of asking without taking picture? so you can stick one in and try to sell as authentic one? :smile:

then what is your purpose of asking without taking picture? so you can stick one in and try to sell as authentic one? :smile:

I am not selling anything , I find your comment highly offensive.
I am just no familiar with the bag and I don't like my bags to be addressed as a fake based on something I don't know and never heard of.

You should have more respect to people and not assume they are seller's just because they ask some questions.

Easily enough , if I was a seller I wouldn't waste my time I'd just go to a boutique or get an authentic bag and take photo's of it and upload.

This is a place for people to ask and answer and help each other out , not to accuse people of being something.

If you have something good to say or something helpful go ahead , if not I advice you to not speak and waste your time and my time.

:smile:

If you are not questioning your bag's authenticity, then why ask if a real bag has the metal plate inside? Just ignore your friend's remark if you believe she is wrong and your enjoy your bag.

If you are concern, then post the required pictures of your bag for the ladies to look at.

If you are not questioning your bag's authenticity, then why ask if a real bag has the metal plate inside? Just ignore your friend's remark if you believe she is wrong and your enjoy your bag.

If you are concern, then post the required pictures of your bag for the ladies to look at.

I will soon enough , thanks for coming by. :smile:

And as I said its not about authenticity , its just the fact she said real Chanel bags have a metal plate inside them.
If I post pictures of my bag it won't be any help since I am asking about the metal plate that is originally not there.

Anyways , just to ease my mind from some people's comment sI will post some pictures soon.

i do realize your main issue here is asking about the mtal plate, not exactly a question of authenticity, but i think the reason why everyone is telling you to post it in the Authenticate thread is that (1) the mods may come by and close this and tell you to post in the Authenticate thread anyway, so in a sense they are just trying to help out and (2) they are afraid to say anything b/c it really should be looked at by an expert. even if it is just for your piece of mind, chanel bags are complicated and can differ from year to year, decade to decade. maybe based on our experience with chanel bags made recently, we would say, what metal tag, i have never heard of that, your friend is wrong. but maybe the bag in question is vintage or a special one, and maybe it does need a tag? so in general your friend would be wrong in that usually they don't have metal plates/tags, but perhaps the specific bag you have DOES need a plate/tag. i don't know if that makes sense, but yea...it could get complicated, and the other posters were just trying to avoid that kind of mess.

if your true intent is not to sell, sorry that ppl are accusing you...i think it's just that this does happen from time to time (someone with a story, really just looking to sell), so ppl can become suspicious quickly.

good luck and hopefully you will get a good answer.

Not meaning to but in here, but I've noticed that the Chanel authenticators will only authenticate from a link to an auction site. They usually tell people that they will not authenticate for just a private person wanting to check if their bag is authentic.

I am not selling anything , I find your comment highly offensive.
I am just no familiar with the bag and I don't like my bags to be addressed as a fake based on something I don't know and never heard of.

You should have more respect to people and not assume they are seller's just because they ask some questions.

Easily enough , if I was a seller I wouldn't waste my time I'd just go to a boutique or get an authentic bag and take photo's of it and upload.

This is a place for people to ask and answer and help each other out , not to accuse people of being something.

If you have something good to say or something helpful go ahead , if not I advice you to not speak and waste your time and my time.

:smile:
First of, I do believed Chanel boutique will not authenticate as courtesy for you at the spot :smile:

second, I have no offense to whom whatsoever.

thirdly, might be I pointed out right what was your purpose and you got mad? lol
If you do not trust your friend, so why would you call she is a " dear friend"?
I wonder people know what it means when they are calling "friend" all of the times like that :smile:

bye....what a waste of time :P

There is no metal plate in a Chanel classic leather lined flap. If you are not questioning the authenticity, then why worry about her comment? You seem to be wondering/questioning yourself whether your bag is fake or not, which is why you are curious as to why your purse does not have this metal plate.
This is why some members here have suggested that you post pictures of your bag. This way you will know for sure if your bag that your friend gave you is authentic. (That's a really nice friend to give you a $3K+ Chanel flap as a gift by the way)

I think the members were only trying to help you with your questions. It was simply a misunderstanding and they were only going by what you had posted, because I also interpreted your question the same way. They simply thought you were questioning the authenticity of your purse because you were wondering why your purse does not have this metal plate.
I suggest you compare your purse with photos of the purses posted here and on the internet. It becomes very obvious what is authentic.

Also, I don't think anyone wants to be mean to you, people try to sell fake by asking how authentic looks like all the time, we wouldn't want to educate them, right? Read your post again and see how people could perceive it from different standpoint-only trying to help here.

I think in the future, we should be like the Hermes thread and not detail what looks fake about the Chanel, just say fake or not by the Mods, so we don't cue people who come here to learn about real Chanels. Mods and TPFer's should not enlighten people as much as they have-like: the code is dead give away, etc... that gives counterfeit too much to work with! JMO.

OP post your pictures on Authenticate thread and tell them about your story, they will be glad to help! Welcome to TPF.

miabeewee : That's what I was looking for , just someone who owns or knows about Chanel that can tell me if her remark is true or false. That's it. I appreciate your answer thank you very much.

ceya : I just said that you should be more considerate to people with your comments , I don't blame you for misunderstanding what I was trying to say but I just meant you could be more polite otherwise not say anything. And when I said "dear friend" I was referring to the one who gave me the bag , while the " friend " is the person who said the bag was fake. You can see how people can misunderstand each other but its okay since its only natural. :smile:

luvchnl and scarlet555 : I deeply understand what you girls mean , and I am aware that there are a lot of sellers come around here and steal photo's or read posts so they can improve their counterfeit goods. As I read a thread about that Chinese guy whom stole pictures from members and claimed as his own photo's.

Also I understand most people would misinterpret my intention by asking. Actually, I just wanted to know whether its true that Chanel's have a metal tag/plate or not as i had never seen such a thing. Only stamps and such. I wouldn't worry about authenticity, I trust my best friend when she says its authentic, because we have known each other for a long time and she does buy some expensive leather goods herself.

And all.. you , miabeewee and luvchnl had given me the answer I just wanted to know without further details. Thanks a lot guys for taking the time to answer me and trying to understand what I meant.

Thank you all for helping me out, I appreciate it. :biggrin:

There is no metal plate in a Chanel classic leather lined flap. If you are not questioning the authenticity, then why worry about her comment? You seem to be wondering/questioning yourself whether your bag is fake or not, which is why you are curious as to why your purse does not have this metal plate.
This is why some members here have suggested that you post pictures of your bag. This way you will know for sure if your bag that your friend gave you is authentic. (That's a really nice friend to give you a $3K+ Chanel flap as a gift by the way)

I think the members were only trying to help you with your questions. It was simply a misunderstanding and they were only going by what you had posted, because I also interpreted your question the same way. They simply thought you were questioning the authenticity of your purse because you were wondering why your purse does not have this metal plate.
I suggest you compare your purse with photos of the purses posted here and on the internet. It becomes very obvious what is authentic.

:goodpost:

And OP, you probably figured it out by now, but I would still post in the authentication forum, just to be really really sure :smile: