She Arrived!

dhampson

Jan 20, 2013
Boulder, CO
My QVC purchase arrived today! I bought the pocket satchel in brown with the vachetta trim. The brown is lighter than I expected and has a red tone. I do wish it was darker, but at this time feel that I will be keeping the bag.

It was packaged very thoroughly, which was nice.
I will probably sell the key fob at a local consignment shop.
I like the pouch, but do not feel that it is too useful. It is too small and not lined for a cosmetic pouch. It is too large for cards.
I do wish that is had the typical Dooney interior pockets. Inside there is only one zippered pocket on one wall of the bag and a cell sized pocket on the opposite wall.

Overall, it is lovely to look at. Good quality construction and leather.

Attachments

hopi

Jan 5, 2013
Beautiful picture of your new bag, this is such a great Dooney bag and they wear like iron. So happy that you are pleased, she is a winner

Feb 1, 2013
Beautiful picture of your new bag, this is such a great Dooney bag and they wear like iron. So happy that you are pleased, she is a winner
I agree... beautiful. I love the contrast between the vachetta leather and the darker brown. i like several brands for different reasons but i definitely think D&B uses the best leather that just gets better with age. congrats! and thanks for sharing... :smile:

MiaBorsa

At the mall, BRB.
Jun 17, 2012
Gorgeous! I think you will really enjoy that bag. It's a classic and you'll love it for years to come.

RuedeNesle

Rue de Nesle, Paris
Jan 12, 2013
Congrats Dhampson!

I was at a meeting almost two years ago. I walked in with my navy satchel and a women walked in behind with her brown satchel! That was the only time I've seen that color IRL and I loved it!

I know how you feel about the interior pockets, but the outside zipper pockets really compensate for that. I stopped carrying my navy satchel when I got the crimson satchel because (it was red!) it had the interior pockets. But recently when I was closet diving I pulled out the navy satchel again. Honestly, I think I have more space in the interior. When I transferred my stuff from the crimson satchel my book fit without squeezing it in. I've been thinking about getting it in red.

Enjoy your new beauty!

Cali Bag Lady

Jan 6, 2013
My QVC purchase arrived today! I bought the pocket satchel in brown with the vachetta trim. The brown is lighter than I expected and has a red tone. I do wish it was darker, but at this time feel that I will be keeping the bag.

I like the pouch, but do not feel that it is too useful. It is too small and not lined for a cosmetic pouch. It is too large for cards.
I do wish that is had the typical Dooney interior pockets. Inside there is only one zippered pocket on one wall of the bag and a cell sized pocket on the opposite wall.

Beautiful!!! that is such a staple and classic Dooney. I hope you love it!!! congratulations!!!

MiaBorsa

At the mall, BRB.
Jun 17, 2012

You sounded a little unsure about your new bag. Did you decide to keep it? It's really a pretty one.