Shawls and scarf rings

hermeschicuk

Jun 26, 2009
Hi

Is there a scarf ring large enough to use with a shawl?? if so which one Gourmette??? As I only have the smaller rings id really appreciate any pics/advice many thanks

Hi

Is there a scarf ring large enough to use with a shawl?? if so which one Gourmette??? As I only have the smaller rings id really appreciate any pics/advice many thanks

Hermes had this scarf ring which is longer than the regular Chaine d'Ancre, which can accommodate a shawl. It was produced in horn and mother of pearl/wood combo. Not sure if they are still available though.

Hermes had this scarf ring which is longer than the regular Chaine d'Ancre, which can accommodate a shawl. It was produced in horn and mother of pearl/wood combo. Not sure if they are still available though.

I bought the large wood/mother of pearl shawl ring in London five years ago and have used it once as a "belt buckle" with a 90cm carre scarf. I still like it but with a shawl it doesn't work for me :nogood: It just doesn't sit right.

I take it out occasionally to play with it and if I come up with something that works I will post a picture :smile:

The Horn Scarf Ring gets used with my Jardin de Armenie Stole though. It looks nice! But it is a stole not a 140 square shawl :shrugs:

I know I use my horn scarf ring & Mors scarf ring with them.I don't have a picture at the moment anymore but if you fold the shawl in a triangle drape it over your shoulder & pass each end through that works & also I can't remember anymore which thread I posted the Diva knot & that worked with the horn ring as well with the shawl.Here again is the look from yesterday of the EA shawl with the Mors scarf ring.

Attachments

• ps-0001.jpg
    ps-0001.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 485
OK OK I remember now it was on "Playing with my Isthme Pendant" thread.I used my Isthme Pendant with the shawl as a scarf ring for the Diva Knot.So there are 3 possibilities in the DIY way 1)horn ring,2)Mors scarf ring & 3)Isthme Pendant.Hope this helps.

That's the one I have and use, and no, they're not made anymore. Too bad, too, because they work so well with a shawl, and it's gorgeous.

I have a leather shawl ring:

hs.jpg

That's the one I have and use, and no, they're not made anymore. Too bad, too, because they work so well with a shawl, and it's gorgeous.

Ammietwist - can you please tell us or post pictures as to how you use it? I have the wood/red laquer one and I just can't seem to figure out how to work with it - even after all these years! It always ends up back in the drawer.

I've taken a pic of the large Chaine D'Ancre alongside a regular sized one for comparison. One side is MOP, the other is a hardwood, I can't remember which one but possibly Wenge? HTH.

Attachments

• CDAMOP.jpg
    CDAMOP.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 348
  • CDA Wood.jpg
    CDA Wood.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 359