Shawls and scarf rings

pursenality

Extreme Hermès!
Aug 28, 2007
Orange World
Hi

Is there a scarf ring large enough to use with a shawl?? if so which one Gourmette??? As I only have the smaller rings id really appreciate any pics/advice many thanks
Hermes had this scarf ring which is longer than the regular Chaine d'Ancre, which can accommodate a shawl. It was produced in horn and mother of pearl/wood combo. Not sure if they are still available though.

zacaza

Jan 2, 2008
Near East
Hermes had this scarf ring which is longer than the regular Chaine d'Ancre, which can accommodate a shawl. It was produced in horn and mother of pearl/wood combo. Not sure if they are still available though.
I bought the large wood/mother of pearl shawl ring in London five years ago and have used it once as a "belt buckle" with a 90cm carre scarf. I still like it but with a shawl it doesn't work for me :nogood: It just doesn't sit right.

I take it out occasionally to play with it and if I come up with something that works I will post a picture :smile:

The Horn Scarf Ring gets used with my Jardin de Armenie Stole though. It looks nice! But it is a stole not a 140 square shawl :shrugs:

Diva999

O.G.
Sep 16, 2007
I know I use my horn scarf ring & Mors scarf ring with them.I don't have a picture at the moment anymore but if you fold the shawl in a triangle drape it over your shoulder & pass each end through that works & also I can't remember anymore which thread I posted the Diva knot & that worked with the horn ring as well with the shawl.Here again is the look from yesterday of the EA shawl with the Mors scarf ring.

Attachments

Diva999

O.G.
Sep 16, 2007
OK OK I remember now it was on "Playing with my Isthme Pendant" thread.I used my Isthme Pendant with the shawl as a scarf ring for the Diva Knot.So there are 3 possibilities in the DIY way 1)horn ring,2)Mors scarf ring & 3)Isthme Pendant.Hope this helps.

Ammietwist

Feb 5, 2006
That's the one I have and use, and no, they're not made anymore. Too bad, too, because they work so well with a shawl, and it's gorgeous.

sin vergüenza

Gremmy Girl
Aug 31, 2007
That's the one I have and use, and no, they're not made anymore. Too bad, too, because they work so well with a shawl, and it's gorgeous.
Ammietwist - can you please tell us or post pictures as to how you use it? I have the wood/red laquer one and I just can't seem to figure out how to work with it - even after all these years! It always ends up back in the drawer.

cvw1004

O.G.
Apr 1, 2008
UK
I've taken a pic of the large Chaine D'Ancre alongside a regular sized one for comparison. One side is MOP, the other is a hardwood, I can't remember which one but possibly Wenge? HTH.

Attachments