SHAWL vs. SCARF? Which do you prefer??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Scarves (including pointus, 70's and gavroches) mostly because I love the designs, but my GM's and stoles are very selective pieces:amuse:-80% scarves, 20% (stoles and GM's)!

2. Shawl girl, all the way.

3. I love all my 90cm scarves, plisses, twillies, GM mousselines and GM cashmere/silk shawls equally, as each has a different look and serves a different purpose. If you told me I had to choose between my shawls or my scarves, my brain would have a total meltdown, as it simply couldn't be done. Here's to variety! :yahoo:

4. Shawl for me :biggrin:

5. have way more scarves than shawls, however shawls are much easier to wear.

6. I love buying scarfs (carre) but I use my shawls the most.

7. Shawls. Not sure if it's the shawls per se or just the size. I love the 140cm cashmere and mousseline. Perhaps it's time to try the 140cm carré.

8. I love both but i suppose i get more use out of scarves - like papertiger i find the shawls very warm so i can only use them in the very cold winter months.

9. Clearly, I love them all! :nuts:

10. i love shawl...so far i only have H shawl but its so amazing how i can wear it in winter time and i tried to tied it as a dress in a tropical island...i cant believe how many compliments that i got from it...people are thinkin its an hermes dress =)

i want to try the carre 140 though but i heard it only comes in dip dye? pls do let me knw =) and thank you ladies because of you guys i found my grail scarf =)

11. Shawl for me. i definitely use shawl more, especially indoor with air-cond.

12. Love looking at scarves... but end up buying / using shawls more.

13. I love love love my GM shawls! But I recently bought my first jersey scarf and I'm totally mad for them now! So easy, light, casual, and just somehow more modern to me than the regular silk carres. I have quite a few carres, but only wear them occasionally.

14. BOTH for me! I wear them in totally different ways. But if you asked which I LOVE the most, then it's the GM shawls that make my heart sing the most.

15. I've stopped buying scarves because I don't wear them, but shawls (and etoles), that's another story... They saved my life last winter when it was freezing, and I just love their versatility.