Shawl Scarf Ring

The Cosmos is still widely available, but you may have trouble tracking down the horn one. However, my SM told me recently that they may be making a reappearance next year :yahoo:

I'm looking for some rings for my 70cm vintage silk scarves...
Dear SMALLFRY! I saw this post a little bit late, but I want to share some thoughts with you because I have some Vintage Style 70s and the rings on that thread shown are all a little bit heavy except for the Horn Ring for the 70 silk, as like you mentioned the would slide off - AND they do! I tried them all in the store and have the Evelyn at home which I love, but it is complicated to have a 70 fixed with the Evelyn secure.
If you want to have the scarf close to the neck I would recommend the Tribord set which is sold for Twillys like on the pic with the Virages or a Gavroche Ring like on Onde de Chic which works very well:

1eef71b9.jpg

8ad952bf.jpg

Dear SMALLFRY! I saw this post a little bit late, but I want to share some thoughts with you because I have some Vintage Style 70s and the rings on that thread shown are all a little bit heavy except for the Horn Ring for the 70 silk, as like you mentioned the would slide off - AND they do! I tried them all in the store and have the Evelyn at home which I love, but it is complicated to have a 70 fixed with the Evelyn secure.
If you want to have the scarf close to the neck I would recommend the Tribord set which is sold for Twillys like on the pic with the Virages or a Gavroche Ring like on Onde de Chic which works very well:

1eef71b9.jpg

8ad952bf.jpg

Thank you so much Van :heart: I love the way you wear your scarves...the twilly ring looks so nice...I think I will look for a set of those. I appreciate your taking the time to post!

originally wanted the palladium and permabrass chaine d'ancre style rings, but heard they are quite heavy . . .

Indeed they are. I think they'd make pretty effective paperweights! I was told that instead of using them at the neck, they're better used at the hip when using a scarf as a sash or belt.

If you can't find one in horn and don't want to wait for them to reappear in the line, I think the chaine d'ancre is available in a lightweight wood as well.

If you can't find one in horn and don't want to wait for them to reappear in the line, I think the chaine d'ancre is available in a lightweight wood as well.

Thank you lilyhermes...I have taken your advice :graucho:

I just ordered both the horn and the wood :yahoo: Yay...I did overnight shipping, so I'll get them Friday and I'll be sure to post pictures this weekend. So excited to try them with my new scarves!

Balto Bag Lady...I'm sorry, I feel like I took your thread over...hope you don't mind :heart: I just wanted to post pics of my new scarf rings. Don't you love the tiny pouch that the wooden one comes in?

Attachments

• tpfhornback.jpg
    tpfhornback.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 40
  • tpfhornfront.jpg
    tpfhornfront.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 49
  • tpfhornbox.jpg
    tpfhornbox.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 41
  • tpfwood.jpg
    tpfwood.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 44
  • tpfwoodall.jpg
    tpfwoodall.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 41
Balto Bag Lady...I'm sorry, I feel like I took your thread over...hope you don't mind :heart: I just wanted to post pics of my new scarf rings. Don't you love the tiny pouch that the wooden one comes in?
Oh no, smallfry. I'm thrilled you found a horn ring. The metal rings come those little velveteen pouches. Just as long as we agree to talk about Hermes and not politics, we'll get along just fine!:yes:
Happy new rings! Where did you find them? Just curious
--Judy