Shaving...

Pradasmeadow said:
It is common in Europe for sure, when I lived in Santa Cruz C.A I saw it all the time.hairy legs ,arms and feet (yes feet !!! )

And Eugene OR! It seems like it is the norm there. That and white people with dreadlocks. Lots of tie dyes and hemp clothing, too.

jc2239 said:
it was me......i'm still really scared but i think i'll go in a few weeks to get them done for the first time since i'm getting lazy with the plucking.....i hope i don't cry from pain :sad2:

it's not too bad since it's really quick. it takes like 30 seconds. i think i'm going to get mine done tomorrow, they're bothering me :sad:

I wax mine but like once every 3 months. My hair is very fine and light. I started doing this when everyone else around me was and I didn't want to be the odd one out. I'm scared of cutting myself though so I chose waxing instead. It's not pleasant and I'm currently letting it grow out and will ask my friends if it's noticeable or not cause if it isn't....maybe I will wax only when there's special occassions or something.

I see women who don't shave their legs all the time. It doesn't bother me at all. Armpits are different though. I think that ladies really should have to shave their armpits if they're going to wear sleeveless shirts. It's very distracting to see hair poking out from under a nice shirt.

Archipelago said:
I see women who don't shave their legs all the time. It doesn't bother me at all. Armpits are different though. I think that ladies really should have to shave their armpits if they're going to wear sleeveless shirts. It's very distracting to see hair poking out from under a nice shirt.

The peeve I have how hairy underarms get like deorderant stuck in them. :sick:

I only wear skirts, and I'm lazy about shaving.
But if my legs aren't shaved I'll only wear a long skirt
also i don't shave above the knee because there is no point

what i think is even more gross is the women who will wear tank tops but don't do anything about their underarm hair

My body hair is blonde. My legs could be "furry" and you would never know unless you felt them. I shave all summer long. In the winter I go "natural" until they itch too much!

soccermom3 said:
My body hair is blonde. My legs could be "furry" and you would never know unless you felt them. I shave all summer long. In the winter I go "natural" until they itch too much!

I guess you are lucky in that your hair is blonde as it is less noticeable and you will not run into "emergency" to get your hair shaven, just so you don't appear inappropriate on certain occassions.

I don't shave at all but wax. However, the hair needs to grow a certain length before you can wax it so during those interim, not always a nice sight especially if you have black hair with pale skin.

Dark hair against dark skin tone is not so obvious either.

:cry:
Roo said:
It cost $1000 and has been worth every penny. I love my laser tech- she has done lots of free work for me actually. She has also done my under arms at no additional cost too, and that is sooooooo nice, lemme tell you. If I have to shave at all, it's like once a week and only a few hairs.

If I had the money, I'd do my legs too. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

how much does it cost to do the legs? and how many sessions? I really want to do this! You are so lucky to have gotten so many things done for free!!

Like jc, I've never shaved my legs either because you can't notice the hair unless your eyes are 2 in. away from my legs. However, what I hate about having thin hair is the fact that you (or maybe it's just me) get crazy ingrown hairs!!! It makes my legs bumpy and no matter how much I exfoliate, there's always a few. I've since stopped trying to exfoliate and the number of bumps didn't really change. How do you get rid of those last few?!!

The strange thing is...sometimes, these bumps magically go away. But (especially when I'm cold), they come back! And I'm not just talking about the goosebumps. Er..?