Sharpey Update

pinkcrazy

Jun 3, 2007
I actually saw this bag IRL and its really soft and nice. I cant comment on its price though as I thought it is ridiculous as well. I have the prada gaufre and I really think they are two different bag. The prada is more structured and sharpey is more casual. I like the feel of the sharpey's leather more than the gaufre. But I think the gaufre is a better design.

rollergirl

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
I walked away from these bags because of price after seeing and loving one small quilted version at the trunk show. Then I saw the smooth tote with the grommets yesterday and totally loved it and brought it home. Lots of people seem to hate the line, but for me it is a perfect size, very light, gorgeous soft leather, and a little edgy or different. I would probably also love the quilted version in the same size, with the different chain "threading" and no grommets, but I wanted a break from quilted for one bag. I love my gauffre tote, too, but they are totally different. I think the photos don't do it justice, but no doubt it isn't for everyone.

Jayne1

Working Canvas
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
I love my gauffre tote, too, but they are totally different.
Yes, they are totally different. I was just comparing the way one bag was ruched with stitching, to the way the other bag was left to wrinkle, by using grommets.

I can't help but think there was not a lot of thought that went into the designed, wrinkled Chanel... although saying that, I really liked it, it was just a tad too expensive for me.