Sharpey Update

Jayne, that was my thought too when I saw the photos of the Sharpey line. Although I haven't seen the bag you speak of, the photos that have been posted don't look like they warrant the price tag. Chanel is known for its classic bags and although they've hit the mark on some of their more contemporary collections (Modern Chain, Cabas), others fall short in the creativity department. That's only my opinion though and sometimes it changes when I see a bag IRL. I remember thinking the Cloudy Bundle looked tacky in photos and then turned around and bought it after seeing it IRL!
Roey's right!Any leather bag with that price tag has to be really TDF!!!:dots:

I saw the lambskin sharpey tote at Chanel at the Short Hills mall last week. I couldn't decide if I loved it so I decided to pass on it. I saw the calfskin one with the diamond quilting at BG yesterday.

Jayne, that was my thought too when I saw the photos of the Sharpey line. Although I haven't seen the bag you speak of, the photos that have been posted don't look like they warrant the price tag. Chanel is known for its classic bags and although they've hit the mark on some of their more contemporary collections (Modern Chain, Cabas), others fall short in the creativity department. That's only my opinion though and sometimes it changes when I see a bag IRL. I remember thinking the Cloudy Bundle looked tacky in photos and then turned around and bought it after seeing it IRL!
Thanks, roey, for actually reading my post. I appreciate it! :smile: I wonder why no one has seen the wrinkled bag that I was contemplating buying.

Now that I think about it, you have a very good point about Chanel and the aesthetic of their contemporary collections. In this case, the lambskin Sharpey (IMVHO) is a bit uncreative and uninspired.

With thanks to katie123, from another thread, this is the bag I was talking about. It looks nice, when it's stuffed and properly arranged, as it is here:
Here are ones that I like:
lamb.jpg

[/IMG]

I just saw it too, Jayne. I haven't seen it IRL, but it doesn't scream come and get me for $4000 to me.

Love the sunglasses on the bag though :P

With thanks to katie123, from another thread, this is the bag I was talking about. It looks nice, when it's stuffed and properly arranged, as it is here:

Now that I've seen this particular picture I can see where they get the name...and it's actually a lot cuter than the other picture. But don't think I'd spend 4k on it either :nogood:

Hi Jayne,
I saw the Sharpei today at the trunk show today & I totally fell in love. I think it was priced at $3350.
I do agree it is a little pricey but it really is a beauty. The new shiny leather on the Modern Chain is really nice too.

I am the first one on the reserve list at the boutique in the Bellagio Las Vegas. I know it is pricey @ over 3K and I know alot of the ladies on the forum don't carry for this bag. I fell in love with the bag, I love Lambskin and I have been wanting a brown Chanel handbag.
I guess I was just taken with this bag~~~
My S/A called me about it when they received the bag in black, but I really have too many black Chanel bags.

^^ I was 'this close' to handing over my CC. I love lambskin and this bag is so nice and squishy. It's a great size for me as well. I just questioned the design and the amount of thought that was put into the execution of it.

If I had the extra money, I would buy it. (Without tax, it was around $3600.) It stayed nice and snug on my shoulder. No slipping. :yes: