Shark Tank....

cristalena56

~*bethy-lame-o*~
Sep 21, 2007
Anybody else watching this show?? the 2nd episode aired tonight after who wants to be a millionaire. Some have had really good ideas and some not so much. But I sometimes wonder if the ones that have good ideas, the offers made, would it screw them over?? I know nothing about business and investing though.

The 2 best ideas so far is the guy who invented a product that wont allow a car to start unless the driver puts on his seat belt(Life Belt). He has a teenage son and thought about him being in a car wreck and not wearing his seat belt when he came up with the idea. The problem he had was that he wanted to sell it as a product as a business instead of selling it to a car manufacturer because it might take 5 years to see any profit from it. Im hoping though he listens to the sharks advice and sell it to a major car manufacturer. Even if it took 5 years, he would be set for life, and so will his kids. The sharks offered him 500,0000 for 100% of patent with no phone calls or 1 million dollars for 100% of patent with 1 phone call, he chose neither. Which i would have done the same...

The other was an English teacher that came up with a teaching tool. He made a 30 cd of collection of songs to help students learn and understand about shakespeare. He came up with this idea by one of his students saying they would be able to learn more if they taught it with something they could relate too. He had 3 different offers. First offer was all 5 would chip in for the $250,000 for 100% of thew company, and 5% royalties for him. The 2nd offer was one shark said i will give you 250,000 for 100% of company and allow him to buy back 49%. the 3rd offer was 51% to 49% of the company. The offer he took was the 5 sharks owning 100% of the company, giving him 5% royalties and with the money he makes, a chance to buy back equity in the company. I hope all works out for him. :smile: He has in the works also more subjects including history and science.

I saw this show last week but i prefer the Canadian version, Dragon's Den that has been on a for a year or so now. Two of the guys from Shark Tank are actually from Dragon's Den. I'm not usually home on Sunday nights when this airs so i always miss it! Love to see the crazy ideas! And i think the Canadian cast is much more harsh and scarier then the US version. I think some of these people have great ideas/product/business but i don't understand why they would want an investor. Those people will rob them blind and if something goes wrong, they will drop them so fast. I think its more for the conenctions or some people have no clue what to do in business. Or maybe many of them can't secure a bank loan at over 100k? There was one woman on the CND show with a product for Christmas trees, a base i think, and they all laughed at her and said she only had one product that would sell at one time of the year. They all said no and on an update show, she said she secured contracts with Wal-Mart, Target, Canadian Tire, etc. and alreadys old over 100,000 pieces and more orders coming in. She was laughing all the way to the bank and lucky for her, they didn't get a share in the company! So many horrible and funny inventions to mention! But check out the Canadian version too, maybe online?

I just started watching this (season 2 started a week or two ago I think??) and I LOVE IT! Will check out Dragon's Den if I can find it online....the sharks keep me on my toes! I love Robert and I think Kevin (the one that sold the software company for 3.something billion) is hilarious.

This show is 100 times better with Mark Cuban on it.

Last season watching them make shamefully low offers or no offers for businesses is boring as watching paint dry. Their very rich, understand they might not want
to take the risks & hold on to their wealth. But real life & being on TV are 2 different. We need excitment to watch this. Hope ABC changes a couple of these rich guys to some that will take risks.

I saw this show last week but i prefer the Canadian version, Dragon's Den that has been on a for a year or so now. Two of the guys from Shark Tank are actually from Dragon's Den. I'm not usually home on Sunday nights when this airs so i always miss it! Love to see the crazy ideas! And i think the Canadian cast is much more harsh and scarier then the US version. I think some of these people have great ideas/product/business but i don't understand why they would want an investor. Those people will rob them blind and if something goes wrong, they will drop them so fast. I think its more for the conenctions or some people have no clue what to do in business. Or maybe many of them can't secure a bank loan at over 100k? There was one woman on the CND show with a product for Christmas trees, a base i think, and they all laughed at her and said she only had one product that would sell at one time of the year. They all said no and on an update show, she said she secured contracts with Wal-Mart, Target, Canadian Tire, etc. and alreadys old over 100,000 pieces and more orders coming in. She was laughing all the way to the bank and lucky for her, they didn't get a share in the company! So many horrible and funny inventions to mention! But check out the Canadian version too, maybe online?
I like the Canadian version as well. I also wonder about the investors who are out to make themselves rich (of course) and will screw over the inventor.

Sometimes i wish they included a voice over to instruct me as to what the investors are trying to do . lol

I just started watching this (season 2 started a week or two ago I think??) and I LOVE IT! Will check out Dragon's Den if I can find it online....the sharks keep me on my toes! I love Robert and I think Kevin (the one that sold the software company for 3.something billion) is hilarious.
Kevin O'Leary is Canadian and he's on both shows. I find him very cold but that makes for good TV.

I love this show ... really love the Canadian version as well. I find Kevin O'Leary very entertaining. But Mark Cuban ... not sure how I feel about him. It will make for some good tv - that's for sure. I thought it was funny on the last episode where the guy came out with the nose shield things (can't remember what they were called) and immediately Mark is like "are you kidding me?!" ... like it was some big joke, and then when he realized it was legit and the other sharks were interested, he sure changed his tune. It kind of made him look "not so smart".

The 8 million $ order woke them all up.
Perfect product for middle eastern countries.
I'm so glad that guy didn't sell out totally. I'm screaming at the TV do not sell out!

These investors are trying to get automatic guaranteed home runs. The only one I've seen do any risk was the woman.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I love how all the guys jump to go play with the cool looking toys after the entrepreneurs leave. They're such boys :lol:

I wonder how JumpForward is doing (the one about high school athletes, college recruitment) is doing. 600k for I think 50%??