Sharing purses with your mom?

amymaria

housecat
Jan 16, 2009
Anyone else lucky enough to have a mom that's also LV obsessed?
My mother has worn LV for a long time but I've never borrowed or used any of her purses. However, she came home today and excitedly told me that she saw a lady at the civic centre wearing a Tivoli PM and she's in love with it. I exclaimed that I was contemplating that purse previously and we were both excited. I told her it wasn't exactly what I wanted so I've decided on buying the Palermo PM instead. Since she loves that one too we're going to occassionally borrow each other's purses. :yahoo:These are the only two purses we actually "agree" on style-wise so it's exciting to share that with my mom.

So she shows me online about the purse and telling me all the research she's done on it etc. It was cute.

She's asking for it for her birthday/mother's day (same month). I was going to buy her an Eva but she said she'll rather my and my brother split the Tivoli PM instead!

that's cute!! My mom loves to learn about LV with me and she knows how I am on tPF all the time..lol. She isn't the handbag type though, she hates carrying them, she prefers luxury in the form of travel rather than dangling from your arm, lol. She has a Dior bag she loves but that's it lol. But she is really cute about it too and she likes to go in LV with me and hear me talk to the SA's about my knowledge I learned on tPF!! lol

congrats to you and your mom for being fabulous!!

that's cute!! My mom loves to learn about LV with me and she knows how I am on tPF all the time..lol. She isn't the handbag type though, she hates carrying them, she prefers luxury in the form of travel rather than dangling from your arm, lol. She has a Dior bag she loves but that's it lol. But she is really cute about it too and she likes to go in LV with me and hear me talk to the SA's about my knowledge I learned on tPF!! lol

congrats to you and your mom for being fabulous!!

thanks. I have to admit it was my mother's influence that made me love LV! I made sure she was with me when I went to buy my first one and she kept on saying how "proud" she was I can buy my own LV. :heart:

not my mom but my aunt! since she doesn't have a daughter, i get to be her stand-in daughter and i am more than happy to step into the role! she introduced me to LVoe and Chanel and just gives me a free hand on her closet as long as I return them in pristine condition

I wish! (Mainly because it would mean more bags in general :biggrin: ) but no, my mother is very traditional and came from a very poor family, so she is too frighten to even touch my bags lol

my mom likes LV but she and i have totally different tastes. she hates the speedy shape (GASP i know lol) and doesn't care much for anything other than mono. i did borrow her BV for when i was traveling last year. she doesn't borrow any of mine, which is a good thing. her PH is so beat up, i'd be afraid of what she would do to my precious bags lol.

Mom and I cannot share bags (and its not because we do not get along, we get along very well :hugs:), we also cannot get the same ones. So if she and I like the same bag, she gets it.

I am in the position of being the Mom and I must confess that I am terrible about not wanting to share my bags. That doesn't mean my daughter misses out though. To compensate about the not sharing, I buy her LV of her own. Or pass on my LV when I'm not in LVoe with it. She is much better about sharing her LV with me on occasion.

I live separately from my mum so I rarely get the chance to borrow her purses. Your mum must be so excited for her birthday to come fast so that she can get her hands on the tivoli.

Well I tried it once I borrowed my mom's Cabas Piano and then I realized that it just didn't feel right for some reason :Push:. Its not the style of the bag I didn't like its knowing that this is her bag and not mine. She never asked to borrow mine because she thinks my taste is too "young" for her :rolleyes: