Sharing purses with your mom?

My mom loves LV but would never spend that kind of money on a bag for herself. I gave her my popincourt haut because she went nuts over it and loved it so much. I wasn't all too crazy about it and really should have returned it. But I love that she has it. I would give her all my bags because she deserves them and I love her to death. She is the only one I would give my bags to.

My mom & I don't share bags. We get along ok but we just don't share. If we like the same style, we both get it. We just make sure we don't wear the same style at the same time. I'm really careful with my bags and she's not so much. I just don't trust her with my babies. LOL :P

oh man i totally mooch off my mom. Shes a typical korean lady with her louis vuitton bags. most are monogram but she also has this beautiful white leather one...her closet is heaven

lol perfect thread...

i had originally bought my mom her first LV bag so that i could justify all the ones i was buying myself..and i created a monster!! since her first LV bag, i've bought her 3 more (each year she wants one for her bday)..but she never uses any of them, except her damier pouchette (and she didnt even want it originally..i just bought it for her as a surprise)

my mom will go into my room and raid my shelf of bags to borrow mine once in awhile, but i've neveer actually borrowed hers cause im scared to dirty it (since she doenst use her bags - ie her ellipse has been carried once)..

My mom doesn't like to switch purses, ever. But she is the woman who got me into the LV love - as long as I can remember she has carried LV. I recently purchased her the Batignolles Horizontal because her Piano was beat up and (as she pays for my college) she couldn't justify another bag.

I have lots of LV, but mostly totes - so she borrows them for traveling from time to time - but HATES using something that is "mine" she's so cute!

:heart: my mom!!!

I also inherited my love for LV from my mom! She has carried LV for as long as I can remember, and she just recently gave me one of her vintage LVs. It's very dear to me because I can remember her carrying it when I was little, and I like to think that when she was carrying it, she was only a few years older than I am now!

as much as I love my mom I could never do that, I rather give her the bag and not worry about how she cares for it.. lol. My mom recently ruined a monogram Alma that my sis gave her by spilling a whole bottle of hand sanitizer in it, sigh.

My Mom started my LV obsession and I have been able to add to her collection through presents. Such is my trust for her looking after my bags that I brought my Alma Epi Grenade to Canada and left it for her to use until I am back in the summer. Our 1st time share bag!

no. My mom's not interest in any bags.
I tell her that if she wants to borrow any of my stuff, she doesn't need to ask or anything but just take good care of them. She tends to throw things around, like my first Prada bag which I gave to her. She just uses this one single bag.

The only designer bags my mother has are all my old Coach I bought before I got into LV. I will not let my mother borrrow any of my purses. It is sad, since I know she would LOVE to. But she smokes so much that EVERYTHING smells, so bad that goes close to her. It is REALLLLLY bad. I have loaned her other things and when I get it back I try letting it air out and I can still smell the smoke. I have to give it back to her or throw it away.

look at everyone who replied!

My mom is more careful/graceful than I am with purses so I wouldn't worry at all with her. If we shared our purses it would be for a few days - not long term so it wouldn't be quite a problem.