Sharing is caring knowledge wise :)

SweetCupcake

May 29, 2009
I have the Jumbo Classic Flap in caviar which I *heart* and baby like no tomorrow. Today, I got a phone call from a friend saying she was at the mall and a well known local jeweler had a vintage classic flap in black (gold hardware). She doesn't know the size but from her description I'm thinking its the medium or jumbo maybe? No clue if its caviar or lambskin.

Question is: if its good quality should I buy it? I dunno what to offer for a jumbo/med caviar, jumbo/med lambskin, etc or how to tell what year it is...any suggestionss? the guy's asking 1200.

I'm thinking of getting it so it can be my secondary purse...baby one and actually use the other more. What do you fab ladies think??? I'm gonna go check it out tomorrow.

Last edited:
If it's authentic then $1200 for a jumbo flap in good condition is a great deal! Make sure that you get it authenticated before you pay, just to be sure. Post pics if you decide to get it!

If it's authentic then $1200 for a jumbo flap in good condition is a great deal! Make sure that you get it authenticated before you pay, just to be sure. Post pics if you decide to get it!

def will :smile: thnxs love. I'm hoping I can talk him down a bit..doesn't hurt right?
I'm gonna make him write on the receipt that I can get it checked out and if its not real i can bring it back for a full refund...well thats what I"m thinking at least.

Take a look at the serial num tag first...... make sure u are comfortable before buying. (Dun think abt the price) Look ard for any stains etc. If all is gd, 1200 is an excellent price..... CHECK!!!! :biggrin:

update ladies! I talked to my friend again and I'm thinking not a jumbo, but medium. I feel like a little kid whose going to disneyworld the next day...all excited and can't sleep. haha.

btw what's the price of a medium? I know they upped the prices earlier this year and haven't been chanel shopping since (I cheated and went to gucci instead).

thanxs for all the advice. you girls are absolutely fab!!

The store is freaking closed today! ahhhh. minor setback, but I'm def going tomorrow... I'm sure getting a new chanel would make finals week at school so much better :smile:

I'm a little worried about the authenticity of the bag after reading all the posts. I've never really looked into the whole idea of how to tell if a bag's real or fake b/c I always shopped at boutiques....

hi lovess!

So I got the bag!!! Its a medium flap in caviar black leather....paid 963 total. I'll post pics in a min, so I can get reassurance that it's real and if you think I got a good deal.