Shared prong vs. Channel Set eternity band

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. AWWWW! please help this is getting hard! I have a 2 ct round diamond solitare and I'd like an eternity band. I like the look of the shared prong better however, I've been told that this are not good "everyday" rings. I plan to wear my e-ring and w-band all the time should I go with the channel setting?

I'm looking at getting a 2ct shared prong eternity band if you think I should get the channel setting what caret weight? (the setting is obviously wider becuase it has the 2 bands to I'm worried a 2ct would be to big!)

2. i prefer the look of the shared prong, i'm not a fan of channel set. but i don't know about the durability.

happy shopping!

3. I have several friends that have a shared prong eternity bands that they wear everyday . . . even to play tennis. They just brint it in for repair if they need. I have lost a stone in a channel set and then they all started getting loose since the stones keep each other in place

4. I wore my shared prong eternity everday (it doesn't fit right now, pregnant) for about two years (even to golf!). No problems so far. I am not a fan of channel set.

5. I vote for the shared prong

6. I like the shared prong as well and think they hold up just fine. I've never been a fan of channel set unless there is minimal gold which usually isn't the case.

7. Shared prong!

8. i have 2 shared prong eternity bands and have lost diamonds from them. i am very hard on my jewelry. so now i wear them on 'light' days...but i do love the look better than channel set bands.. personal preference.

9. I vote for shared prong...channel set stones tend to collect dirt in between, plus shared prong just shows off the diamonds better, imo!

10. I love the shared prong too... sounds like a stunning ring that you want :yes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice