Share your Vintage/Pre-Loved Designer wardrobe pieces here!

The most important thing is to make sure you're not bringing in moth larvae into your home with the pieces you buy. Open the parcels outside and check over and have dry-cleaned straight away or leave in the freezer for 3 dats.

Older clothes are no more like to get attacked by moths than new except if they have invisible stains.odours that the moths get attracted to.

Keep vacuuming

Thank you! So far everything has been ok so fingers crossed it stays that way!

Thank-you so much @Yoshi1296 ! I was really nervous to show my rather humble pieces on this thread. There´s only minimal designer in my collection.
I´m a visual person and often buy online without even bothering to ask the size/ measurements when I fall in love with a piece. Unfortunately the pieces seldom are in my size (though sometimes luck strikes and they are!) so over time I´ve learned to alter and make them my own while always making sure to do them justice. You´d laugh could you witness the ethics debates I always have with the items while working on them.

Don't be nervous! Your pieces are amazing and I'm so glad you shared them! Please keep sharing if you have more!!
I do the same with shopping online, although that seems to be a bad habit of mine lol I love that you alter them yourself!!!

Thank you! So far everything has been ok so fingers crossed it stays that way!

Don't be nervous! Your pieces are amazing and I'm so glad you shared them! Please keep sharing if you have more!!
I do the same with shopping online, although that seems to be a bad habit of mine lol I love that you alter them yourself!!!

Thank you @Yoshi1296 ! I have plenty more (except for the boring basics all I buy is pre-loved or vintage), but scattered around the house in clothes bags, wardrobes and boxes. Unfortunately my men seldom volunteer to take pictures when I wear my things. I will check my photo files and take one or the other new pic when the light is good. I really enjoy being able to share my passion.

My Mum taught me how to sew at a young age and I´ve always been making clothes and altering, though I really had to learn over time to alter vintage responsibly.

Here´s some Dior (shoes and a bag) from the 2004 Diva line. Shoes and bags are easy- they always fit!

15621623_1852065448372376_777668155073046825_n.jpgIMG_2980.JPGIMG_4626b (34).jpg

Thank you @Yoshi1296 ! I have plenty more (except for the boring basics all I buy is pre-loved or vintage), but scattered around the house in clothes bags, wardrobes and boxes. Unfortunately my men seldom volunteer to take pictures when I wear my things. I will check my photo files and take one or the other new pic when the light is good. I really enjoy being able to share my passion.

My Mum taught me how to sew at a young age and I´ve always been making clothes and altering, though I really had to learn over time to alter vintage responsibly.

Here´s some Dior (shoes and a bag) from the 2004 Diva line. Shoes and bags are easy- they always fit!

View attachment 5224452View attachment 5224453View attachment 5224454

OMG Diva line is actually selling for pretty high rates in the resale market. take as much care of these! Such pretty iconic Galliano pieces!!!

OMG Diva line is actually selling for pretty high rates in the resale market. take as much care of these! Such pretty iconic Galliano pieces!!!
I love and cherish them!
The bag and heels I bought a couple of years ago at very reasonable prices via ebay. The boots seemed expensive to me, but I couldn´t resist when I spotted them in a Parisian vintage shop. I made sure to haggle as much as I could, though...

Here´s my black Diva bag.

IMG_20201224_150440434.jpg

PS: Forever a Galliano girl!

Lovely vintage and nearly-new wardrobe :ps:

BTW, your aunt's 'leopard' coat may be ocelot
Thank you for this info! OT but sometimes DH and I make up silly phrases just to make us laugh and one of them, born out of a night when we were very tired was ocelot vacation protocols (so I’m sure it will make him smile to see the coat!

I love and cherish them!
The bag and heels I bought a couple of years ago at very reasonable prices via ebay. The boots seemed expensive to me, but I couldn´t resist when I spotted them in a Parisian vintage shop. I made sure to haggle as much as I could, though...

Here´s my black Diva bag.

View attachment 5227585

PS: Forever a Galliano girl!

That makes two of us! Love the bag!!

Here´s some simple every day vintage: an early 80ies boucle skirt by JOBIS I found for 3€ at a thrift store.
It fits nicely and is super easy to care for. I simply threw it into the washing machine (no spinning!)...

View attachment 5227594View attachment 5227595

Love boucle! Perfect for this breezy fall weather!

OMG OMG OMG

You have no idea how desperately I'm trying to find a bag from this collection!!!! I LOVE!!!!
I am totally in love with this collection and am always hunting for more...
I´ve been buying them over the years- some for total bargain prices, others a bit more expensive...
Actually the black one top left and the smaller white one bottom right were about my first luxury handbag purchases after the Gaucho. Today it´s unbelievable, but both were around 50€ in 2015.

IMG_4521.JPG

I am totally in love with this collection and am always hunting for more...
I´ve been buying them over the years- some for total bargain prices, others a bit more expensive...
Actually the black one top left and the smaller white one bottom right were about my first luxury handbag purchases after the Gaucho. Today it´s unbelievable, but both were around 50€ in 2015.

View attachment 5227614

Wow, thats a HUGE bargain! Love these bags. I'm dying for a RTW piece from this line or an earlier one too. FW 2000 RTW was one of my favorite collection from him

Love boucle! Perfect for this breezy fall weather!
...and sentimental for me. When I was a little girl my frugal Mum who never bought anything for herself went on one big shopping spree (certainly the first after 5 years and she didn´t buy anymore for 5 years to follow) and bought a skirt like this but in brown and a winter coat in about the same check pattern.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Wow, thats a HUGE bargain! Love these bags. I'm dying for a RTW piece from this line or an earlier one too. FW 2000 RTW was one of my favorite collection from him
Good Luck! Early Galliano is simply brilliant! I´ll never make it to any RTW, though, I fear- everything is far beyond my budget and then there´s the size problem...

I´m totally crazy about Galliano´s own brand 1997 S/S Circus collection. I´d kill for the painted leather jacket! A girl can dream! (Being realistic and knowing I´ll never have the original I made my own interpretation including his collection storyline embroidered into the lining.)

gallianos circus lederjacke projekt die Zweite (2).JPGgallianos circus lederjacke projekt die Zweite (5).JPGgallianos circus lederjacke projekt die Zweite (3).JPG

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: FizzyWater and 880