Share your RM Black Friday Purchases

The time that it takes to get your refund could depend on your cc company. The one time that i filed a charge back, my cc company granted me a refund temporary refund right away while they investigate the dispute.

This was my experience as well, with both Visa and Mastercard (not RM purchases). Especially if you're a good customer, they'll do everything they can to help you but in my case they made it very clear that it was a temporary chargeback that could be reversed if the merchant disputed it by providing proof that the customer (me) was wrong. But I was also told I would not be charged any interest on the purchase amount while the dispute was open.

I can somewhat see RM customer service getting frustrated with callers and issues but why get rude with people? It's the company that's at fault, not the customer. Seems really unprofessional.

Wow, things really got out of control over there at RM during the BF sale. They should have credited you back immediately if they could not fill the order. When this is all said and done they are going to see their profits dwindling further and further. Someone was probably jumping for joy after initially seeing the revenue, now knowing the numbers are all false must be really frustrating for RM.

I know, thank you for understanding! Makes me sad. I am sure that they didn't do it on purpose, of course, but now I have to call tomorrow and I really don't want to... But I have to!

Thanks, Pandafan for the info. I am just getting more and more disgusted every time I come back to this forum (oops, want to claify...not with anyone here but just re-hashing the situation). We seem to be in a similar situation with only one reversal of our 2 orders. I hope we both get resolution soon. I am filing a dispute tomorrow if I don't hear back from them by then. They have had a RIDICULOUS amount of time to remedy this situation.

Exactly. I thought I'd wait till the after Christmas sale ended to see if my other credit appeared, but nope. I've been hesitant to file a CC dispute, for the reasons others have mentioned recently (thanks for sharing!), but I think I'll have to next week.

I know, thank you for understanding! Makes me sad. I am sure that they didn't do it on purpose, of course, but now I have to call tomorrow and I really don't want to... But I have to!

I called this morning, and both the credit and CS voicemail boxes are full. Seriously. Actually, I'm not surprised, given all the customers who were charged twice! So, I ended up sending yet another email, this time cc'ing Nicole.

I know this thread is supposed to be for happily sharing our BF purchases, so if the discussion belongs in the other BF thread in the shopping SF, mods please move our posts. However, it's important that this widespread issue continue to be updated.

anybody order the terracotta mac? do u have a pic of it? I think the flap on my bag is thinner than the other macs out there. weird.. just wanted to know if all the terracotta macs were like this..
Also, where is the 'made in china' tag usually located in the bag? i cant find one in mine...=\

I checked my Purple Shine and Stone MACs, and the tag is located about halfway down the left side (if the MAC's front is facing you). It's small and black with white lettering. Oh, both of my MACs have the cheetah lining. Which lining does terracotta have? It's possible that you got a "made in US" MAC, if there's no label.

Exactly. I thought I'd wait till the after Christmas sale ended to see if my other credit appeared, but nope. I've been hesitant to file a CC dispute, for the reasons others have mentioned recently (thanks for sharing!), but I think I'll have to next week.

I called this morning, and both the credit and CS voicemail boxes are full. Seriously. Actually, I'm not surprised, given all the customers who were charged twice! So, I ended up sending yet another email, this time cc'ing Nicole.

I know this thread is supposed to be for happily sharing our BF purchases, so if the discussion belongs in the other BF thread in the shopping SF, mods please move our posts. However, it's important that this widespread issue continue to be updated.

I tried to call today as well, and yep, voicemail boxes full! I sent Herland another email, and this time I was definitely communicating my frustration. This is the second email I have sent this week. I am going to try to call on Monday or Tuesday, whenever I have time during the day, since there is a 3 hour time difference and I might be stuck at work!

I checked my Purple Shine and Stone MACs, and the tag is located about halfway down the left side (if the MAC's front is facing you). It's small and black with white lettering. Oh, both of my MACs have the cheetah lining. Which lining does terracotta have? It's possible that you got a "made in US" MAC, if there's no label.

Oh my...didn't even know there are "Made in -" tags inside macs.....running off to check:choochoo:

AHA! I JUST CHECKED MY CREDIT CARD STATEMENT... It has finally been returned! Jeez! Of course, it says 11/26... Ay yi yi!!!

Dang, I FINALLY got my refund today. I can't believe it!

Yay! At last, I can report that I finally got my second credit today, too. Of course, it appeared after I filed a dispute yesterday. Never heard anything directly from RM either.

Because of these lingering charges (one month since I first contacted RM), I haven't felt like wearing either of my MACs yet. Now, it's time to break them in! darkangel, it's good to know that the purple shine gets softer with use. I hope that stone is the same.

Yay! At last, I can report that I finally got my second credit today, too. Of course, it appeared after I filed a dispute yesterday. Never heard anything directly from RM either.

Because of these lingering charges (one month since I first contacted RM), I haven't felt like wearing either of my MACs yet. Now, it's time to break them in! darkangel, it's good to know that the purple shine gets softer with use. I hope that stone is the same.

I am so glad to hear you got your charges back!