Food Share your recipes for homemade Coffee/Tea drinks!

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
My new favorite drink is a "London Fog"-- it has Earl Grey tea, steamed whole milk and a shot of vanilla syrup. I've been making them at home with Earl Grey, skim milk, vanilla extract & splenda and it tastes just as good without all the calories. I'm getting addicted to them lol :upsidedown:

So does anyone else have a recipe for yummy coffee or tea drinks to make at home? :flowers:

I tend to make iced coffee beverages, so i would love it if any of you have any good recipes. I either brew my coffee of choice and add milk, with a shot of vanilla syrup and ice or if I feel like something a little different I boil some milk with some vanilla pods in it, then in a blender I add my coffee, milk and some vanilla ice cream and ice.

^ Yum! That sounds great!

I've also made really good homemade hot chocolate before... You need good chocolate with a higher cocoa butter content (the waxy stuff like Hersheys won't work), or it comes out gritty. I've used Trader Joe's belgian chocolate and Lindt, but I like Cadbury's Royal Dark best. It's cheap, but it's got a great taste and texture!... You just pour milk into a sauce pan and heat it up until it's steaming-- but not simmering-- and whisk it while you add pieces of the chocolate. You just keep whisking it until it's smooth and then drink it. Any kind of milk works, but it tastes the best with full fat milk. It's sooooo yummy, but it's really fattening so I only make it like once a year :shame:...

sun brewed raspberry iced tea

1 pitcher of water
6 tea bags
sugar in the raw (eyeball it)

let it sit in the sun on a warm sunny day for 2 hours or so, then refridgerate and serve with ice, fresh crushed and whole raspberries, and mint (optional) :drool:

My new favorite drink is a "London Fog"-- it has Earl Grey tea, steamed whole milk and a shot of vanilla syrup. I've been making them at home with Earl Grey, skim milk, vanilla extract & splenda and it tastes just as good without all the calories. I'm getting addicted to them lol :upsidedown:

So does anyone else have a recipe for yummy coffee or tea drinks to make at home? :flowers:

So London Fogs are tasty, then? I saw them serving it in a cafe once, but I was too chicken to stray from my usual order. I'll have to try it!