Share Your Miu Miu Authenticity Knowledge

I found this picture from one of the ebay listings for an example of the "lampo" zipper

815d_1_sbl.JPG

I am trying to be better separating authentic ones from the fake ones on ebay-since I am still looking for black leather coffer- So here is what I gather up

- Not every seller on ebay puts their own picture-this is actually well known-but the trick that they are doing is that they are putting the picture from www.netporter.com or from NM's or Saks etc. website. so you could check out those picture and know them so you wouldn't think that you are getting the real deal but actually you are not.
Also one seller had a close up picture of the lock-the bag suppose to be black-but in that picture background of the lock was brown.
-and there are several sellers from Kissimme,Florida and it seems strange I don't know why
-strap,12 networks still good way to be sure-most of the fake ones didn't pay attention to that.in addition to the extra strap on the length-which was previously explained in this forum/title

I have to say that this picture can not identify the authentic Miu Miu, I know fake ones make that as well.

I noticed that fake Miu Miu have this really cheap looking hardwares, you can find pictures of authentic Miu Miu online and compare with the Miu MIu you have in doubt,you will notice if there is any difference.

Not sure if this will be useful but i bought a black one from the miu2 store, the handle has 11 pieces and at the back of the zipper, no Lampo. The leather is a good indication. The leather of the fake one is not so soft.

Not sure if this will be useful but i bought a black one from the miu2 store, the handle has 11 pieces and at the back of the zipper, no Lampo. The leather is a good indication. The leather of the fake one is not so soft.
Exactly what style bag are you talking about? A Coffer? Maybe you could post some pics of it, because every Miu Miu bag that I have ever purchased either has a Lampo or a RiRi zipper. Interested to see yours. :yes:

Did you check on the lining of the inside pocket? It should have a little tag that says "Made in Turkey".;)

yeah I did and there was nothing :sad: now I start to worry a little..At the store it was very funny I was counting the networks looking the back of the zip and the extra piece on the lock..addition,I looked at the tag,didn't see I thought they might have removed it since people are reacting that is not made in italy..I was suspicous since I heard that some people give the fake back and keep the authetnic ones..:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

....moreover, look at the zipper inside the Coffer bag:
"Lampo" must be written on the back of the zipper "head" (i do not know the specific name).

You can divide the fake (esp. on ebay)from auth. mostly by uneven seams and seam widths. The distance between sewing line and edge has to be 2mm +/-0,5 mm (common for all). A lot bags at ebay have a much bigger hems or show also differences on seams around the bag.

Also: you see differences in the slit for the key strap of the key pocket. My original has an oval hole, I`ve seen a few fakes with ugly (also fraying) slits.

Also I found out: the amount of pieces of network (look at the handle). It has to be 12. I don`t know the tolerance, but I counted 18 a few times on the ones that were sold on ebay. All original bags i have seen in stores & mine have 12.

The details are important :drool:

I may post some pictures for understanding if requested.
Claudia

Sorry to drag up an oldish thread, but can you explain what you mean by pieces of network? I'm confused!

TIA :smile: