Food Share your homemade salad dressing recipes! Please :)

Jan 28, 2007
I love making my own salad dressing and find it healthier and better tasting than store-bought ones, but I keep making the same one all the time (extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, little sea salt, cracked pepper... mmm soo good). I need some more variety, so if you have a good and simple recipe, please share! Thanks in advance! :tup:

You can add, to your basic recipe, fresh herbs, shallot, mustard, basically anything you want to taste...
I am making a warm bacon vinaigrette this weekend--I'll let you know how it goes!
I also make a basil curry vin which is what you have listed, plus basil and curry!

dijon mustard
cracked black pepper
salt
red wine vinegar
shallots
garlic
drizzle in extra virgin olive oil.

it's especially good with spanish,parmesan cheese, hard boiled eggs, sliced red onions, shredded carrots, tomatoes, and some garlic croutons. SOOOOOO GOOODDDDD!!! my absolute favorite salad and very healthy and well balanced.

Raspberry jam goes great in the dressing! I mix it all up in a little measuring cup (not that I measure anything) and keep it in a jar in the fridge.

OKay here is what i like it on:

mixed greens
Gargonzola (or goat cheese)
dried cranberries (or sometimes apples or raspberries)
walnuts (or sometimes sliced almonds)

so usually it's gargonzola, cran and walnuts combo or goat, apple, almond combo.

If I am going to put feta on a salad I usually make a greek salad dressing which is also easy.

I love making my own salad dressing and find it healthier and better tasting than store-bought ones, but I keep making the same one all the time (extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, little sea salt, cracked pepper... mmm soo good). I need some more variety, so if you have a good and simple recipe, please share! Thanks in advance! :tup:

Your dressing sounds really good, actually.

I can never really eat salad because it's so bland on its own and I have yet to find a dressing that I like, other than just vinegar, so this is a cool thread. Wish I had some veggies right now.

Extra virgin olive oil
red wine vinegar
black pepper
1 garlic clove
honey
spicey mustard
oregano
some finely chopped onions if you like
and I also put red pepper (totally up to you ;)

I LOVE homemade Caesar, anchovies and all :shame:

I forget what all is in it without looking at the recipe, but I know it has: olive oil, lemon juice, fresh garlic, anchovy fillets, ground pepper, pepper, raw egg...

People always think it's delicious if they don't know what's in it :P