Share your Guilloche pics!!

I have the white gold that i bought in store. I ordered the yellow gold on October 19 with 100% deposit. They told me 12-18 months... lol
Just an update if anyone is interested. Ordered my yellow gold guilloche on 10/15/23, i received it Friday, so 3/15/24, exactly 5 months.

I have to weigh them but my white gold guilloche feels heavier and 'sounds' different. The yellow sounds hollow and the white doesn't.

Reactions: Kuma_Lisa
Just an update if anyone is interested. Ordered my yellow gold guilloche on 10/15/23, i received it Friday, so 3/15/24, exactly 5 months.

I have to weigh them but my white gold guilloche feels heavier and 'sounds' different. The yellow sounds hollow and the white doesn't.
Can you please share the weight of your white gold one?

WG should always weigh more than YG & RG because it contains palladium in the alloys and the thick rhodium plating. The weight difference doesn't change that all metals contain 75% of yellow gold.

the white gold is 19.66 grams and the yellow is 18.82 grams
My white guilloche is 18.7. I had a whole fiasco with my original order and was sent a scratched bracelet and my second one just felt different and I thought it was lighter than the first one but then I thought I was maybe imagining it. I didn’t weigh the first one. I watched a YouTube video where someone weighed their yellow gold guilloche bracelet and it was 22g. I’m currently traveling but I’ll weigh it again when I have the chance (maybe the scale was wrong).

My white guilloche is 18.7. I had a whole fiasco with my original order and was sent a scratched bracelet and my second one just felt different and I thought it was lighter than the first one but then I thought I was maybe imagining it. I didn’t weigh the first one. I watched a YouTube video where someone weighed their yellow gold guilloche bracelet and it was 22g. I’m currently traveling but I’ll weigh it again when I have the chance (maybe the scale was wrong).
The yellow gold actually *sounds* different. It sounds hollow. The white doesn't, and they clearly weigh different. I saw an ad on rebag for a yellow and it said it weighed 19.6. VCA states "since each piece is made to order weights and carats are approximated"

I dont know, maybe VCA is cheaping out. Since mine was just made, maybe they're skimping now, since gold prices went way up after i ordered and paid for it :lol: It's still gorgeous but I am disappointed the yellow doesnt feel as heavy and sounds hollow, it's actually what i loved so much about the white guilloche.

The yellow gold actually *sounds* different. It sounds hollow. The white doesn't, and they clearly weigh different. I saw an ad on rebag for a yellow and it said it weighed 19.6. VCA states "since each piece is made to order weights and carats are approximated"

I dont know, maybe VCA is cheaping out. Since mine was just made, maybe they're skimping now, since gold prices went way up after i ordered and paid for it :lol: It's still gorgeous but I am disappointed the yellow doesnt feel as heavy and sounds hollow, it's actually what i loved so much about the white guilloche.
When I received my second bracelet I also thought it must be hollow based on it feeling lighter. The second bracelet also makes a klinking noise when I hold it unlike the first one.

Seems like they are trying to save money on the gold which doesn’t align with the luxury product advertised. I’m curious if most people are now getting bracelets that weigh significantly less compared to older bracelets.

I really want to buy more pieces but I’m holding off until VCA becomes less popular. I would have never sent the first bracelet back if it wasn’t scratched. I got the feeling that a lot of people order, wear and then return their pieces.

I have both RG and WG guilloche, neither ''sound' hollow or make noises. All metal colors use the same amount of yellow gold content - 75% so it can't be skimping on the gold composition because of gold prices for just one metal color over another. If anything, it makes more sense to skimp on the WG pieces with higher palladium content since palladium is only half the price of gold but weigh 1/3 more, make WG looks whiter, so some people may assume that pieces that weigh more should have more gold, but it's actually the opposite. The only way you can go by gram is when shopping for 24k or 99.9% gold from the jewelers. At 18k even if you melt down the metal you still won't know the exact gold/alloys composition.

Reactions: JBN80