Share your disappointment with 2013 "12 Days of Dooney" here

Gosh, what happened this year Dooney? This is an event we have always looked forward to in the past, anticipating great Dooneys at fabulous prices. I was actually so disappointed this year, I have been checking out other designers as well as other online merchants for some great deals. I realize not everyone can be pleased; however, I have heard so many voice their disappointment with this year's event thus far. There are still several days to go, perhaps you will still surprise some of us yet, hope so!

Gosh, what happened this year Dooney? This is an event we have always looked forward to in the past, anticipating great Dooneys at fabulous prices. I was actually so disappointed this year, I have been checking out other designers as well as other online merchants for some great deals. I realize not everyone can be pleased; however, I have heard so many voice their disappointment with this year's event thus far. There are still several days to go, perhaps you will still surprise some of us yet, hope so!

Unfortunately, there are only two (maybe three) days left. I have already been to belks online and ordered 2 MK bags. I am hoping for something great from Dooney, but I'm doubting it :wondering

What I don't understand is how everyone seems to forget that EVERY year the Days of Dooney isn't good. I read many complaints on the QVC forum last year too. Dooney may sneak a good deal in here n there but for the most part, the way they do this sale likely won't change. They have the sale at the end of the year to mainly to try to get rid of some of the bags or items that aren't selling as well. That's the whole reason for the sale...they aren't going to put bags that r coveted (or even halfway coveted) cuz that's not the point of the Days of Dooney sale.

I bet next year people will get just as excited over the Days of Dooney and then b just as let down when there's nothing. It's kind of a tradition for many...similar to eggnog. Many know it sucks from year to year but its tradition...mayb THIS year it will actually taste good. Keep hope alive! Lol!!!

I bet next year people will get just as excited over the Days of Dooney and then b just as let down when there's nothing. It's kind of a tradition for many...similar to eggnog. Many know it sucks from year to year but its tradition...mayb THIS year it will actually taste good. Keep hope alive! Lol!!!

It's more like fruitcake this year. :roflmfao:

And I have to disagree; when these sales started several years ago, I got some fantastic buys on great bags. Too bad it seems to be dregs and leftovers now.

It's more like fruitcake this year. :roflmfao:

And I have to disagree; when these sales started several years ago, I got some fantastic buys on great bags. Too bad it seems to be dregs and leftovers now.

I have to agree that prior years the selection and pricing was better. I have seen some bags this year that I would have gone for but I didn't like the colors that were offered. Last year they had the Florentine Drawstring bag... and the domed satchel and their pricing was great. I ended ordering the Domed satchel in oyster. I saw the domed satchel offered today and I know I didn't pay that much for mine last year. So yeah.. for me at least, it has been a huge disappointment.

Honestly, I am more upset about them getting rid of their Easy Pay program :hysteric: I have not shopped the 12 DOD before and I had figured going into it that it would be clearance merchandise. Of course I hoped I could pick up something great, but I wasn't expecting it.

I agree with Sarah and Joy, last years have been better. Not only they had the Florentine bags in colors that were not summer, but they also new bags, like a lot of different signature bundles and my favorite, the leather nina bundle. Also the OMG deals were really OMG.

Last year I got the Nina bundle in cranberry, the OMG deal which was a Dillen satchel (flo style) in fuchsia, a mariner watch and a 1975 signature tote.

They also had the Dillen satchel (flo style) in patent leather as one of the OMG deals! Should have gotten that one too!

This year nothing so far...disappointing, but as GG, I also like other designers so I've been getting some goodies at other places.

I also got the OMG! Dillen satchel, plus a couple of wallets, a wristlet, another nylon bag (which I later sold), two watches, and a key fob. This year.......NOTHING. So I had to go to MK to soothe my sorrows

I agree with a few others, prior years Dooney did have a variety of not so popular bags with some popular or more expensive collection pieces. Dooney had something covered from all their collections in the earlier years of Dooney's 12 days. I purchased an Alto item and something from their Amazon collection in earlier years. Also they offered a good variety of colors, some basic colors too instead of only the prior year's summer colors or leftovers. They always had a tassel tote bag set too with accessories or accompanying cross-body bag at a fantastic deal. They made fantastic gifts (which I bought several of) I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are saving the best for the last couple days.