Share The Wisdom You Have Recieved !!

pseub said:
2. "Life is too short to waste time on people you don't really like" (from my Grandmother).

My mom tells me this quite frequently, especially when I start kvetching about work :lol:

My grandmother has an interesting saying in Spanish: "Ala la cadena." Translated into English, it literally means "flush the toilet". But the way she means it, is to just let it go. Don't dwell on it. It happened, deal with it and move on. I tend to worry a lot and overanalyze everything. Every time I she says it, I laugh because I know what it means in English, but it's so true.

I've also learned, not from anyone in particular, to just be nice to people. You'll get a lot farther in life, and you'll be much happier :amuse:

* Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
* Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
* What happens in the dark comes out in the light.
* The feet you step on today will be connected to the a** you will kiss tomorrow (don't burn your bridges).
* Pay yourself first (when dividing your money, make sure the first portion is dedicated toward savings).
* There are three sides to every story---his side, her side, and the truth.
* What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.
*Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.
*The person who doesn't know where his next dollar is coming from usually doesn't know where his last dollar went.
* Failure is success if we learn from it.
*Live today as if it were your last; tomorrow is not guaranteed.

"Make each day a HAPPY day", is what my mom once told me when I was down, and I realized that I had the CHOICE to feel sad, mad, depressed, or turn it around and try to be happy. Another thing I have learned is, "YOU have to LOVE YOURSELF before anyone else can". :love:

USCgerl said:
"Make each day a HAPPY day", is what my mom once told me when I was down, and I realized that I had the CHOICE to feel sad, mad, depressed, or turn it around and try to be happy. Another thing I have learned is, "YOU have to LOVE YOURSELF before anyone else can". :love:

How true !!

My mother told me on my wedding day...."Barring abuse...marriage is about making a commitment and sticking to it. There will be days, maybe weeks where you may loathe your husband, but if you just stick with it, one day you will look back and realize how much you would have missed if you had given up then."
This has helped me many times, as there have indeed been those occasions!!

annemerrick said:
My mother told me on my wedding day...."Barring abuse...marriage is about making a commitment and sticking to it. There will be days, maybe weeks where you may loathe your husband, but if you just stick with it, one day you will look back and realize how much you would have missed if you had given up then."
This has helped me many times, as there have indeed been those occasions!!

Thanks for sharing ! :idea:

I just thought of one more (regarding marriage): My mom always told me "never go to bed mad."

P.S. you think we should show Tiffany from the other thread this thread :smile:

jag said:
I just thought of one more (regarding marriage): My mom always told me "never go to bed mad."

P.S. you think we should show Tiffany from the other thread this thread :smile:

I think by the way the other thread has gone, I need to clarify that this was meant only as a joke- tongue and cheek. :shame:

Awww...pradasmeadow this is a nice thread.
My grandma once said this to me: Always have faith in yourself like I have faith in you. If you don't succeed at frist, don't give up just try harder next time. (And I always will remember that.)
My Mom tells me this alot:Be happy and treat yourself right! ( It seem very simple but sometimes we tend to forget that we just have to be happy) =)