Share The Wisdom You Have Recieved !!

baglady

R.I.P. 1992-2006
O.G.
Dec 1, 2005
U.S.A.
blackbutterfly said:
if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
I have heard that one too. Sometimes I wonder. I mean, we have seen some recent pics of Ms. Britney Spears' wardrobe selection. If we were her best friends what would we say if she asks how she looks in this outfit? Just keep quiet? Even that speaks volumes. Well, I believe there is always a soft and polite way of saying something even if it isn't favorable news. Yeah, constructive criticism.

Nov 1, 2005
buckeye nation
baglady said:
I have heard that one too. Sometimes I wonder. I mean, we have seen some recent pics of Ms. Britney Spears' wardrobe selection. If we were her best friends what would we say if she asks how she looks in this outfit? Just keep quiet? Even that speaks volumes. Well, I believe there is always a soft and polite way of saying something even if it isn't favorable news. Yeah, constructive criticism.

now that's a different story...

if she were my friend and asked me how she HONESTLY looked in that outfit, I'd tell her flat out, but I'd say it in a way where she would be able to tell my sincerity and that I'm looking out for her.

how i follow the quote:
if i'm in the office and people are ragging on someone else, I usually keep quiet. you never know who's listening, you never know who's related to who, and you never know who's screwing who, either!!

i really feel life is too short to talk bad about another person ALL the time...like way too much negativity. if someone pissed me off, of course i'd let them know, but that's it. the issue is dead to me after that...who wants to go on day after day harboring negative feelings about someone else, especially when they don't do anything for you anyways?

i'm not saying i'm perfect and sweet and nice, so don't get me wrong...i just try to leave the negativity alone...after all i've been through this past year, life is way too short.

Jan 23, 2006
New York New York
Everevereve said:
Awww...pradasmeadow this is a nice thread.
My grandma once said this to me: Always have faith in yourself like I have faith in you. If you don't succeed at frist, don't give up just try harder next time. (And I always will remember that.)
My Mom tells me this alot:Be happy and treat yourself right! ( It seem very simple but sometimes we tend to forget that we just have to be happy) =)
Yes, its a choice !!! :biggrin:

eyelove

night sky
Feb 23, 2006
blackbutterfly said:
i really feel life is too short to talk bad about another person ALL the time...like way too much negativity. if someone pissed me off, of course i'd let them know, but that's it. the issue is dead to me after that...who wants to go on day after day harboring negative feelings about someone else?
Absolutely! I agree.

Now this is slightly off-topic, but those pictures of Britney (letting it all hang out and wearing that funny-looking rag) look awful...if the "average everywoman" dressed like that walking outside, she'd get laughed off the street... :biggrin: