Share Funny / Rude Comments You Get On Owning LV

Freaking Amen.

Sahm also. But, i always manage to bring home some money every month with odd ventures. But, it is astounding how people treat me or the little comments made when they know Ive spent x amount on a bag. Excuse me. I may be "just a SAHM" but i manage to make money, cook all the time, never go to nail salons, get haircuts twice a year if I am lucky and rarely drink or go out. Dont take away one of my few personal joys in life.

I know women who tell me that they cant believe i woukd spend so much on an lv but buy thousnds in coach/mk/db, lularoe and costume jewelry every year. My obssession just happens to cost more up front and collectively take up less room in my home. I also have no issue bringing this to their attention. That is how i deal with their snide comments.

I've been called spoiled by family, friends and strangers. I have also been a stay at home majority of my 25 year marriage and believe me there were NO DAYS OFF!! NONE!! I earned every single thing I have whether I punched a time clock or not and the hubs will be the first one to tell you that. In our home, it's not HIS money, it's OURS. I refuse to walk around in shame because others are pissed off that I'm wearing or carrying something expensive and nasty comments is all they have. I don't flaunt my wares so that's their messed up issue, not mine.

Freaking Amen.

Sahm also. But, i always manage to bring home some money every month with odd ventures. But, it is astounding how people treat me or the little comments made when they know Ive spent x amount on a bag. Excuse me. I may be "just a SAHM" but i manage to make money, cook all the time, never go to nail salons, get haircuts twice a year if I am lucky and rarely drink or go out. Dont take away one of my few personal joys in life.

I know women who tell me that they cant believe i woukd spend so much on an lv but buy thousnds in coach/mk/db, lularoe and costume jewelry every year. My obssession just happens to cost more up front and collectively take up less room in my home. I also have no issue bringing this to their attention. That is how i deal with their snide comments.
Being a SAHM is hard!!! You don’t get breaks, you don’t get vacay, and you don’t get paid every 2 weeks even though you’re “on call” 24 hours!!!

This resonated with me because once my lovely husband asked me what I do all day. My look could’ve set him ablaze!!! I was seriously tempted to go on strike just so he could see what I do all day.

It’s strange to me but in my area people look at you like you have two heads if you “just stay home”. While I definitely feel fortunate to have the ability to do so, sometimes I feel like this makes people feel like you have no worth because you aren’t earning an income.

Last edited:
Freaking Amen.

LOL!! If I was able to add up what they spend on what they LOVE, I'm sure it's a lot more than what I've spent. I prefer one or two quality jackets over 17 mediocre ones that you never wear. If your not using something it's a darn waste of money. I clear out everything I'm not using enough on the regular and sell it or do a goodwill run. They hang on to everything and their houses look like a episode of HOARDERS on TLC. SMDH......

Thats SO rude. I hate when people make comments like that. Like listen, my mom wears what she wants, she just happens to like this bag too! Nothing wrong with that! That is such BS.

I agreee!!! And my mom is simply not an LV fan. She loves the thick leathers of Patricia Nash, DB, and now Coach again and when she wants lightweight Longchamp is her go to. Some ppl are so rude!

Because there are SO many fakes (and good ones at that) people assume mine is fake too. I hear stuff like, “Yeah, not real..”, “Is that really real?”, “Go to Walmart and get a bag and save yourself a few thousand..” It KILLS me! People just do not understand how it feels to even own one small LV item. You live once- and this one life is going to have LV in it. Sorry haters. Hahahaha!!!

<------would eat ramen noodles for LV. Seriously, we can choose however we wanna spend our money. Even if the purse looks like a trash bag. That's one of te rudest comment I heard from a hater about my Mahina. A bag that won't even hold it's shape according to the person who clearly knows nothing about luxury stuff.

Agreed!! Also, I really like ramen and I really really like LV