Share a Train Wreck

1. Maybe it's because I'm a pathologist, the idea of collected series of "specimens" is inherently appealing to me. That's probably my motivation for feeding the "Hall of Shame" thread. I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we collect all of these incredible train wreck that peeps try to sell on ebay. Here's a recent specimen:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Authentic Hermes Kelly Bag up for auction. I hate to sell this but have to right now unfortunately. It is a Black vintage bag purchased in Paris about 10 years ago. I believe the bag dates to the early 70's. The bag has wear on the bottom corners, but aside from that in good condition. The handle is perfect. The inside of the bag is clean and in very good condition
    http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-KELLY-BAG-HERMES-AUTHENTIC-BLACK_W0QQitemZ220374602331QQihZ012QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. I agree, remember the one I posted ages ago, it was patched up and look like an elephant had stomped on it, but read good condition?

3. Margie, I didn't know you were a path. This thread is a good idea-
    copy and paste instead of link to auction, so it doesn't "go away"
    when the auction is pulled.

4. Yeah, and there was a bag on the Authenticate thread that I likened to Mickey Rourke...that one definitely belongs in this thread.

5. I remember that bag - I searched the thread for "elephant" but just got those haati charms. Can you find that one?

Then there was the 11K train wreck....

6. Yes! Mickey Rourke

Up for bidding is this genuine, authentic Vintage Hermes Paris Birkin Bag from the 50's. The description of this bag is Haut A Courroie, 50cm, Gold Hardware, Vache Natural. The leather is real cowhide and has aged very nice. It now has that distressed look which is very in now. I have included in the description, many detailed pictures showing the condition. For its age it is in great condition. The bag was taken to the hermes store in manhattan, ny where an appraisal was given of $11,000 in august of 2008. If this bag was brand new it would sell for over $40,000. There are receipts also pictured showing that the bag was cleaned by hermes of manhattan and that an additional lock and key was bought for the bag which will be included. The bag will include all documentation pictured, the dust cover and orange hermes paper bag. The bag measures, 19inches long, 16inches tall, and 10inches deep. This bag can be used by a woman or man, it is not gender specific. If you have any question feel free to email me. This bag is guaranteed to 100% authentic by the manhattan store on 601 madison avenue, by Stephanie Torrieri.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Irishgal..Am I supposed to convince you I'm in my right mind? :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180335188484&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

8. Oh gosh no, now where would the fun be in that?

9. LMAO! First @ those bags (who in their right minds???) and 2nd @ MargieB and Irishgal!!!

I wanted to be a pharmacist, but Quincy WAS one of my fav shows back then when I was a kid and Patricia Cornwell is one of my favorite authors. LOL!

10. :couch:

11. Found it, this bag was described in the description as beautifully maintained kelly. You be the judge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. #14 Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009

Ah yes! who could forget that one. I think the term "Frankenstein" was bantered aout.
    [​IMG]
    This pre-owned HERMES KELLY handbag has been beautifully maintained.
    There is a small defect on the bottom right corner which has been repaired. See photo.
    Otherwise, in excellent condition. No scratches.

13. I am affectionately calling this one the Alpo Kelly! :greengrin:

Seller comments: "I had it reconditioned at the Hermes Store in New York City a year ago.
    The Bag has a new Lock and Keys.
    Wear on the corners.
    Hardware is still shiny with some scratches due to use. "
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

de5.JPG de1.JPG de3.JPG de4.JPG