Shapewear - what's the tightest, most shaping shapewear

Berge

Oct 28, 2009
i need shapewear - specifically for the tummy, waist and any bra bulge/back fat.

BUT i need one that i can put on by myself! I'll be getting ready for a formal charity event and will be staying at a hotel alone - so i have no one to "push me in" to anything.

Okay, best shapewear - GO!

:smile:

The Shapeez Unbelievabra is perfect for smoothing out the back area, the only thing is if you have a low back top on it will show, so you have to wear something that comes up higher in the back. Spanx has pull on shorts that are like doubled up nylons and the seams don't show but I don't remember the official name. Good luck!

I have found that Spanx does NOTHING for me, and I need a miracle in that department. Those cinchers that are like corsets do the best, but you have to find one you can keep hooked and step into still. My big trick when I am in a wedding is the biker short style underwear ones that are high waisted, one of those cinchers, and then a good bra.

@ame what corset style cincher do you prefer?

Thanks for recommending unbelieveabra. I'll look for that. I like Spanx, but it's hard to get that bra loop in when you're solo.

I had an event to go to and had a sexy,clingy show every bulge dress. My sister who is a loyal spanx girl recommended them but when I went to try them on I guess because I am a smaller person they were just like wearing underpants. They were a bit loose and there was no sucking in action. I happened to be in Victoria's Secret browsing for bras and out of luck noticed they had a shapewear line with medium to firm control variations. I don't know how long they had had it or if they still do but I tried on a half slip type that went all the way up to under your bust. I was concerned it would push things up and spill them out the top but it just sucked it in. It was the firm control and quite amazing. It also didn't mash your *** down flat but enhanced it. I also tried on a full slip type with bra in it but wasn't thrilled with it but may just be my body type no liking it.

The garment I got was a grayish silver but they also had black, nude and leopard. I would highly recommend it. It looks like this:

Attachments

• myVR2RBkRDkPZwPnuNw-YzA.jpg
    myVR2RBkRDkPZwPnuNw-YzA.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,014
If your going to wear shapewear, wear neutral color or basic (black/white/nude) so they don't show under clothing and blend best.

Someone gave me a Kymaro shapewear, and BOY does it work. I wore it under a VERY fitted jersey dress, my mom saw a pic and was like, "Oh, you lost weight'...I'm like, naw, just a really good shapewear.

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mBEuJjj6TUXqLKIGb8eXrWA.jpg
http://dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net...1245107a04dad2/s_51d25119c71245107a04dad9.jpg

I am a firm believer of good constructed undergarment, bras and shapewear, I hate this age of "I only wear thongs' and all of these jiggly (some cellulite) booties showing through clothing...

Spanx does nothing for me either. Not to mention they're uncomfortable.

I think Bodywrap beats all others that I have tried hands down. They really keep'em in, and I can wear them all day and forget about them.

I purchased some shapewear items from Hanes at Target, they were very reasonably priced and do the job ;) the only thing I would mention is that I had a super tight tummy shaper - went to a cocktail event and felt sick (nausea) the whole time, due to the pressure on my tummy :greengrin: especially when sitting down, so I wouldn't recommend to go very tight, just a medium strength should be enough.

I love Cass Luxury Shapewear. It holds and smooths and stays put. I have had a three pieces - a v-neck tank, a scoop neck tank and capri leggings, which have held up nicely over several years(delicate cycle in lingerie bag, line dry). It is pricey, but you can often find it on sample sale-type online retailers like Gilt and MyHabit.

I have tried a zillion shape wear products, and I absolutely love the brand "Honeylove" shape wear. It does not ride, bunch or roll. It's also so comfortable I can wear it all day.
I did order a Medium although the site size chart put me at a Large. I'm glad I ordered Medium as it's a perfect fit.

When it comes to shapewear, the tightest and most shaping options are typically those that provide a high level of compression to target problem areas and create a more streamlined appearance. Here are some of the tightest and most shaping shapewear options available:

1. Waist Cinchers: Waist cinchers are designed to provide a high level of compression to the midsection, creating a more defined and toned waistline. They can be worn under dresses, blouses, and other clothing styles to create a smooth and streamlined appearance.

2. Bodysuits: Bodysuits provide full-body coverage, helping to smooth out any lumps or bumps along the way. They can be worn under dresses, skirts, pants, and other clothing styles to create a toned and streamlined look. Some Lower Belly bodysuits provide high compression to the midsection, thighs, and hips, providing a more defined and toned appearance in these areas.

3. Thigh Slimmers: Thigh slimmers provide high compression to the thighs and hips, helping to create a more toned and streamlined appearance in this area. They can be worn under skirts, dresses, and pants to create a smooth and streamlined look.

4. Shaping Shorts: Shaping shorts provide high compression to the lower abdomen and hips, creating a more defined and toned appearance in this area. They can be worn under dresses, skirts, and pants to create a more streamlined appearance.

When choosing the tightest and most shaping shapewear, it is important to consider the level of compression, fabric, and size. Choosing shapewear that is too tight can be uncomfortable and may not provide the desired level of shaping. It is important to choose shapewear that fits well and provides the right level of compression for your needs. Additionally, it is important to choose shapewear made with breathable materials to prevent overheating and discomfort.

Reactions: BelleZeBoob