00010736_shannen01.jpg
»[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Shannen Doherty For The View?[/FONT]
While Star's replacement is found...
blank.gif

By: Lowri Williams on 7/7/2006

blank.gif

1x1_pink.gif
blank.gif
Former ‘Beverley Hills 90210’ actress, Shannen Doherty, will be co-hosting ‘The View’ later this month as producers struggle to find a replacement for Star Jones Reynolds.
According to reports, Doherty will be just one of numerous guest hosts featured on the daytime show this summer; other women rumoured to be appearing include ‘American Idol’ Katherine McPhee, ‘Dancing With Star’s winner Kelly Monaco and judge Carrie Ann Inaba.
Sounds like The View’ is being swamped by reality TV stars…who, let’s face are not really stars yet.
Doherty will be appearing on the show on July 31 and August1; her new reality TV show ‘Breaking Up With Shannen Doherty’ kicks off August 6…sounds pretty awful.
Star Jones Reynolds has already found another short term gig hosting ‘House Hunters’ on HGTV, helping house buyers find the perfect property in New York.

I think her and Lizzie may be too similiar. Did you see Brandy? BW and crew are too funny. They were talking about the latest news about hair dye causing cancer, then it went to who colors their hair. Joy said that you can't tell with sistas since they wear wigs. Brandy jokes that here hair is real (obviously a joke). Do you know that BW touched her hair and asked her on the show if she was wearing a wig?? I thought that was a little rude. Brandy is too young - she was a little shocked that BW actually did that. Maybe off camera, maybe not.

While peeps may think that Shannen is a b*tch, I like that about her. It gives her personality and character. Being an independent thinking woman in a male-dominated industry always ends up with the strong woman being labeled something horrible. Anyways, I think she will make for some very interesting television. The current members of the view are a bit boring.

there's going to be a lot of guest hosts, just like there was on Regis before they chose Kelly. It'll be interesting to see who they choose!

theITbag said:
While peeps may think that Shannen is a b*tch, I like that about her. It gives her personality and character. Being an independent thinking woman in a male-dominated industry always ends up with the strong woman being labeled something horrible. Anyways, I think she will make for some very interesting television. The current members of the view are a bit boring.
I think Shannen is ultra conservative like Lizzie. I will take Shannen over Lizzie anyday but not both.

The ladies of the View are :sleepy: . I'm looking forward to the Megan Mulalhy (sp) show!

gloss_gal said:
I think her and Lizzie may be too similiar. Did you see Brandy? BW and crew are too funny. They were talking about the latest news about hair dye causing cancer, then it went to who colors their hair. Joy said that you can't tell with sistas since they wear wigs. Brandy jokes that here hair is real (obviously a joke). Do you know that BW touched her hair and asked her on the show if she was wearing a wig?? I thought that was a little rude. Brandy is too young - she was a little shocked that BW actually did that. Maybe off camera, maybe not.

haha, I actually saw that eposide.Brandy seemed like she was alittle offended, so to make herself feel better she asked for the audience's opinion.She was like, "does it look good?" and when everyone clapped and whistled for her she was like "alrighty then that's all that matters"! :lol:

Shannen sure would make the show more entertaining.I'm all for it! :flowers:

poutine said:
yeah, Elizabeth is the blonde sitting on the far right, she was a Survivor contestant previously.

she's annoying. they should replace her too. i honestly don't want to hear her lame opinions. she adds nothing to the show. definitely not my point of view (and she's supposed to represent my age category).

I can't stand Elizabeth!!!! She is so annoying and self-righteous. She's always criticizing people who don't live up to her conservative values. I hope BW fires her next. She's in my age category too and I couldn't have a more different view from her. I LOVE JOY!!!!!