Shampoo & Conditioner...Need to resove FLAKES!

armanigirl

O.G.
Jul 31, 2007
I used to use Suave shampoo & conditioner which didn't give me flakes at all but would Dull my hair color out so fast....

Then i switched to Paul Mitchell's color treatment shampoo & conditioner which gave me REALLY BAD flakes & make my hair itch after day 2...(i rinsed out the shampoo & conditioner VERY well which my hairdresser said could be the reason for the flake's and itching)

THen i switched to REDKEN all soft conditioner & Color treatment shampoo about 1 month ago...it was okay at first..i didnt have flakes, but now ever since about 2 weeks ago, I constantly have flakes!! i use mouse sometimes but i dont put it on my scalp....the redken bottle is almost out so its almost time for me to buy a new shampoo & conditioner...i dont think it's the weather b/c it's been the same for the past 2-3 weeks..

What shampoo & conditioners do you use and does it give you flakes / make your scalp itchy? Has anyone tried the GHD Shampoo/conditioners? it's kind of expensive though....

I used to have flakes....

I started to use Pureology Anti Fade... purple bottole... it has mint in it and makes your head tingle..its the best stuff ever.. its pricey but well worth it.. i no longer have flakes... and you dont have to use alot at a time..

an amount the size of a quarter is more then enough...

I would try a shampoo with as little chemicals as possible, such as the body shop, aveda..., etc. Also my dermatologist told me to dilute my shampoo with water (2:1), which helps (I never had flakes, though, just a very itchy scalp).

i use selson blue (not sure if it's spelled right). i only use it 2 times a week, sometimes 1 and it keeps the flakes away. even when i would go months without it and i would get flakes really bad, i would use it one day and it would clear things up right away. i also use my normal conditioner after it.

My hairstylist told me Head and Shoulders will strip the color from your hair. Just thought I would let you know that...If you just have highlights you should be OK, but if you have all over color...be careful.

I used to get really bad flakes each winter, and nothing helped until I read some reviews on Neutrogena T/Gel. Tried it and it worked - no flakes after the third usage. Now I just use it once a week and use a regular shampoo/conditioner for my normal washing.

Did the Paul Mitchell make your hair heavy? It made my hair feel so nasty and made my head itchy too, that stuff is horrible!! I just got it because it was buy one get one free at work but man, it wasn't even worth the 6.50 I paid!!

I use the Aussie stuff, conditioner and shampoo. For me, flakes are seasonal... winter is the worse. Because my hair is so long and I lean against it quite a bit, I condition heavily. But the Aussie stuff washes out completly and leaves my hair "light". Also smells good.

I also heard rinsing your hair with regular tea helps hold down flakes.